First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
Occupation
Owner of electrical contracting company
Haha, still worried though as my confirmation is all letters and everyone else’s all numbers. It probably means nothing but it seems odd to me that I’m the only one like that ?‍♂

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Haha, still worried though as my confirmation is all letters and everyone else’s all numbers. It probably means nothing but it seems odd to me that I’m the only one like that ?‍♂
it means they know your an alfa romeo guy and they put you at the end of the list and added $15k adm....

j/k ?

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
it means they know your an alfa romeo guy and they put you at the end of the list and added $15k adm....

j/k ?
Ha! That actually made my morning! ?. In my defence, I waited and waited and finally gave up! I had even asked my dealer if they had any insight on timing and they didn’t, 6mos later… “we’re ready for deposits!” ??‍♂?

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
So i was one of the few who didnt get emailed by nissan canada after pre ordering with the dealership so i gave nissan canada a dm on instagram which they followed up on it themselves. They asked for my information/where i ordered from and a couple days later they have confirmed my order with the specs i wanted so i am relieved. Maybe the dealership pre orders might get the vehicles earlier? ?

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
So i was one of the few who didnt get emailed by nissan canada after pre ordering with the dealership so i gave nissan canada a dm on instagram which they followed up on it themselves. They asked for my information/where i ordered from and a couple days later they have confirmed my order with the specs i wanted so i am relieved. Maybe the dealership pre orders might get the vehicles earlier? ?
That’s a nail biter for sure! Glad it worked out! My guess is with the pre-orders they’ll most likely ship all the cars at once regardless if on-line or at the dealer as technically even the on-line is through whichever dealer you selected…but with so much Nissan secrecy it’s anyones guess ?‍♂

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
That’s a nail biter for sure! Glad it worked out! My guess is with the pre-orders they’ll most likely ship all the cars at once regardless if on-line or at the dealer as technically even the on-line is through whichever dealer you selected…but with so much Nissan secrecy it’s anyones guess ?‍♂
This is what I believe too, because my dealer was adamant that no matter what day I came during the "dealer pre-order week", it wouldn't affect my order priority. It was not first come first serve. He said June, and the leaked roadmap also says June too. Now to just wait for the "begun manufacturing" email.

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
This is what I believe too, because my dealer was adamant that no matter what day I came during the "dealer pre-order week", it wouldn't affect my order priority. It was not first come first serve. He said June, and the leaked roadmap also says June too. Now to just wait for the "begun manufacturing" email.
So exciting if June is to be believed! ?

Last edited:

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
FDAD6D5D-A81E-4A29-881B-CF4FE003AD96.gif

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Now imagine going from 130 HP FWD CVT to 400 HP RWD Manual. That's my level of excitement...
Right there with you, 140 hp FWD here. It is a manual at least. Hopefully muscle memory will kick in for winter driving, my dad had a few powerful RWD cars when I was a teen.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
completely told the opposite by my dealer. I saw the backroom in their office and looked with my own eyes on the Nissan back channel porter with all the names and they were all numbered. I was number 3.

*sorry that should have read "Portal". Their legacy software system. The Z guy used to work for my corporation so I got a peek.

Last edited:

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
completely told the opposite by my dealer. I saw the backroom in their office and looked with my own eyes on the Nissan back channel porter with all the names and they were all numbered. I was number 3.
Yeah theres a ton of he said she said going on. Waiting for some official news still. I bet the news is coming as soon as spring starts end of march.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah theres a ton of he said she said going on. Waiting for some official news still. I bet the news is coming as soon as spring starts end of march.
If Nissan seriously just said June I'd chill out and stop driving myself mad about this car.

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer

*sorry that should have read "Portal". Their legacy software system. The Z guy used to work for my corporation so I got a peek.
The list may be numbered, and my guy did say the orders were going in as they were being made, but neither of those necessitates that they are shipped in the same order. Most likely, the timing will depend on what's convenient for their manufacturing as well as targets they probably have for each configuration. I do 100% believe that our "dealer pre pre orders" will be taken care of before the "open online pre orders" made in Feb.

Either way, I highly doubt there will be weeks let alone months in between the delivery for someone who ordered Jan 24 vs Jan 31, cause it seems our orders are part of the "initial release batch".

We can chill, we're way better off than our friends across the border. Hope they have a fair chance at getting the Z too.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The list may be numbered, and my guy did say the orders were going in as they were being made, but neither of those necessitates that they are shipped in the same order. Most likely, the timing will depend on what's convenient for their manufacturing as well as targets they probably have for each configuration. I do 100% believe that our "dealer pre pre orders" will be taken care of before the "open online pre orders" made in Feb.

Either way, I highly doubt there will be weeks let alone months in between the delivery for someone who ordered Jan 24 vs Jan 31, cause it seems our orders are part of the "initial release batch".

We can chill, we're way better off than our friends across the border. Hope they have a fair chance at getting the Z too.
Agreed. The moving pieces/variables in shipping fulfillment of the Z are who was in line in order, the size of the production run, that production run put on a sea can. My dealer told me that Nissan was using the pre-dealer allocation orders as the kick off to a first production run. How many units that is who knows. Why wouldn't you do a massive run and load up a sea can? Or, if you wanted to do an initial launch production run then perhaps the rationale behind that is to get the bugs out. Receive feedback? See how the first cars execute in the real world?