First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CIVIC
Occupation
IT
I hope that the ones who preordered last week in that 1 week window, we get it spring time. I’m gonna try to contact my dealer and ask.

plus, I noticed not all the dealers pop up. Does that mean the cars won’t be going there?
Who was able to preorder last week? Preorders opened today for CA and AUS, US has yet to see anything. I think if it was through a dealership it really doesn't have any weight after see Nissan giving us the option from their site which I remember hearing we weren't going to get that option.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
So it looks like the car gonna be shipped beginning of ~August 2022

Untitled.jpg

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Who was able to preorder last week? Preorders opened today for CA and AUS, US has yet to see anything. I think if it was through a dealership it really doesn't have any weight after see Nissan giving us the option from their site which I remember hearing we weren't going to get that option.
Aussie orders opened over two months ago…and even before then if you had an eager dealer to put it through the back screen of the computer. Believe it or not I had my contract and deposit in March last year…and yes it was sent through to Nissan Aus and accepted, and no I wasn’t the first…nit even the first from my dealer ( 2nd)

This is my thinking…Aussies are pretty persistent bunch, we nagged…until some dealers just started doing up contracts.
Nissan Aus got these contracts, went woo hoo, we can make sales, and we need sales. So they open up reservations early.
Canada catches wind of what Aus has done and thinks…great idea, we can lock this in and allocate cars as they are wanted. So they follow suit open orders.
Neither Australian or Canadian dealers were ready for pre orders, as most dealers had no clue they were actually open for reservation (because Nissan forgot to inform the actual dealers)…until they figured out they just sold a car with no effort

Difference between these markets and the US. For one they are much smaller, but secondly it appears that the Nissan franchises in the US have some sort of deal with Nissan USA to allow them to charge above sticker price…neither Canada or Aus do. This means it doesn’t matter who we get our car from, the dealer gets the same delivery fee, so it’s my thinking due to this agreement Nissan USA haven’t opened up reservations yet because maybe they want people to shop around to get the best deal?? And not hurt their brand…or maybe they are considering legal avenues to sell the same way we are?

Now I could be way off the mark(and probably am) …it’s just me thinking out loud

timszee

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CIVIC
Occupation
IT
Aussie orders opened over two months ago…and even before then if you had an eager dealer to put it through the back screen of the computer. Believe it or not I had my contract and deposit in March last year…and yes it was sent through to Nissan Aus and accepted, and no I wasn’t the first…nit even the first from my dealer ( 2nd)

This is my thinking…Aussies are pretty persistent bunch, we nagged…until some dealers just started doing up contracts.
Nissan Aus got these contracts, went woo hoo, we can make sales, and we need sales. So they open up reservations early.
Canada catches wind of what Aus has done and thinks…great idea, we can lock this in and allocate cars as they are wanted. So they follow suit open orders.
Neither Australian or Canadian dealers were ready for pre orders, as most dealers had no clue they were actually open for reservation (because Nissan forgot to inform the actual dealers)…until they figured out they just sold a car with no effort

Difference between these markets and the US. For one they are much smaller, but secondly it appears that the Nissan franchises in the US have some sort of deal with Nissan USA to allow them to charge above sticker price…neither Canada or Aus do. This means it doesn’t matter who we get our car from, the dealer gets the same delivery fee, so it’s my thinking due to this agreement Nissan USA haven’t opened up reservations yet because maybe they want people to shop around to get the best deal?? And not hurt their brand…or maybe they are considering legal avenues to sell the same way we are?

Now I could be way off the mark(and probably am) …it’s just me thinking out loud
Makes me jealous to hear that. I feel like its the thunder dome over here with buying cars.. Just waiting for manufacturers to get rid of dealerships and follow Carvana's model... I'd rather just buy a car directly from the manufacturer then deal with a dealership... Even if I didn't get to test drive the car..

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Any ‘mericans thinking of reserving a Canadian model and bringing it over? Is it too much of a pain?

timszee

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CIVIC
Occupation
IT
Any ‘mericans thinking of reserving a Canadian model and bringing it over? Is it too much of a pain?
I think you'd have to pay taxes twice and do some other fun games..

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
There was a non advertised week where all dealers were allowed to preorder from January 26-Feb 2nd. I called many and they all said the same thing. They had the color codes, from codes , all in the order sheet.

timszee

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CIVIC
Occupation
IT
There was a non advertised week where all dealers were allowed to preorder from January 26-Feb 2nd. I called many and they all said the same thing. They had the color codes, from codes , all in the order sheet.
All dealers except US I'm assuming? Not exactly sure why the US is being left in the dark.

Piper1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 512tr, 04 Boxster s 550, 89 911turbo ,88 560sl
Occupation
Automotive
The order bank at each store was open for one car per store. I did that. Here’s what it looks it.

Piper1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 512tr, 04 Boxster s 550, 89 911turbo ,88 560sl
Occupation
Automotive
Here

F5FFAB4C-21E8-4731-9B04-A5FB829F2D79.jpeg