Landon

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 NISSAN Z
Hello!

Anyone know what is the top speed or max speed for the stock 2023-2024 Nissan Z?

I was not able to find a top speed video on YouTube. I think I saw the top speed from the 370Z model hitting at over 180mph and I don't think it was tuned.

Thanks!

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
according to Nissan its 136 for the sport 155 for the performance and 173 for the NISMO

Last edited:
OP
OP

Landon

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 NISSAN Z
according to NIssan its 136 for the sport 155 for the performance and 173 for the NISMO
Those numbers can't be right. It's a V6 with TWIN TURBO at 400HP can only do 136mph?

My 2011 Toyota Camry with only V4 with no TURBO can do more than 136MPH. LOL!

I am waiting for someone who can actually test out the REAL top speed for the Sport model. I am thinking they put those numbers on the safe side. Also, between the Sport, Performance and NISMO, the horsepower isn't that much of a difference. What is 40 more horsepower from the SPORT to the NISMO. I don't see spending like $20K more to get the NISMO for the extra measly 40HP.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Those numbers can't be right. It's a V6 with TWIN TURBO at 400HP can only do 136mph?

I am waiting for someone who can actually test out the REAL top speed for the Sport model. I am thinking they put those numbers on the safe side. Also, between the Sport, Performance and NISMO, the horsepower isn't that much of a difference. What is 40 more horsepower from the SPORT to the NISMO. I don't see spending like $20K more to get the NISMO for the extra measly 40HP.
I think you need to do some research if you think you only get 40hp from the Sport to Nismo. Its not all about hp.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
its not due to the power. I think for example the Sport is limited due to stability as it doesnt have the rear spoiler and under spoilers

TheRoyalStig

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
??

One would also assume electronically limited not power limited. Many cars are limited based on other components (such as tires) so that the top speed doesn't go higher than other fail points can handle.

OP
OP

Landon

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 NISSAN Z
Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the Sport model and upgrade (rear spoiler and under spoilers)
or tuning by adding 200HP and still hell a lot cheaper than $20K?

I just feel like Nissan's marketing strategy is kind of a ripoff or a scam to me.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Landon

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 NISSAN Z
Maybe someone can explain this to me. I went to the Nissan dealership and saw the brand new 2024 Z Sport in black color. I was extremely excited that they had it in black because that was the color I wanted. It was the only Z model at the dealership and it was on the inside of the showroom. I like the Sport model because it did not have the rear spoiler. I like the clean look of the Sport model without many parts hanging on the body.

The price sticker on the Sport was $50K and I told the salesperson I will come back later and make a decision. 3 hours later I came back to the dealership and they boosted the price sticker to $60K!!

I was like, WHAT!!!!! I told the salesperson it was $50K 3 hours ago! He told me because the 2024 Nissan Z is a rare car and the cost just went up. He told me that there were only 1200 of the new Z. Now I have to pay the extra $10K to buy the 2024 Z Sport model. Does that not sound like a scam to you???

In the end, I love the 2024 Z Sport so much because it's the best looking car out today beside a Lamborghini or a Ferrari, I ended up paying over $60K+ to drive it home. I am happy with the 2024 Z Sport but not happy that I had to pay the extra $10K.

OP
OP

Landon

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 NISSAN Z
I think this car is slightly modified

Am I reading that meter correctly, it maxed out at 300kph (186mph)?

That is about as fast as some Ferrari and Lamborghini supercars out there. WOW!!

Not that I am ever going to drive that insane 186mph speed. I don't think I will ever use the full 400HP by the way I drive. I probably use about 120HP when I am driving, which is about the speed limit of 70mph. LOL

Last edited:

TheRoyalStig

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
??
Maybe someone can explain this to me. I went to the Nissan dealership and saw the brand new 2024 Z Sport in black color. I was extremely excited that they had it in black because that was the color I wanted. It was the only Z model at the dealership and it was on the inside of the showroom. I like the Sport model because it did not have the rear spoiler. I like the clean look of the Sport model without many parts hanging on the body.

The price sticker on the Sport was $50K and I told the salesperson I will come back later and make a decision. 3 hours later I came back to the dealership and they boosted the price sticker to $60K!!

I was like, WHAT!!!!! I told the salesperson it was $50K 3 hours ago! He told me because the 2024 Nissan Z is a rare car and the cost just went up. He told me that there were only 1200 of the new Z. Now I have to pay the extra $10K to buy the 2024 Z Sport model. Does that not sound like a scam to you???

In the end, I love the 2024 Z Sport so much because it's the best looking car out today beside a Lamborghini or a Ferrari, I ended up paying over $60K+ to drive it home. I am happy with the 2024 Z Sport but not happy that I had to pay the extra $10K.
Yea that is a dealership being scummy and overcharging.

But at the end of the day it's up to the buyer to decide how much they are ok paying.

You can haggle, you can walk and see if they drop it or wait and see if they drop it as it sits or just go elsewhere.

Zenogias

First Name
Danial
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Computer Programmer

You got scammed, my dude.

They figured out you would pay 10k above asking price before you did, and they capitalized.

Nissan dealerships are pretty notorious for this kind of behavior, sadly.

I hope it at least was a manual! Historically the ATs lose their resale value immensely, and with the way the auto industry is going I believe we're currently seeing the last generation of sports cars with traditional MTs that will ever be made.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)

They threw that price on there because they knew someone would pay. You should have walked away or accept you overpaid and be happy with it. No one forced you to buy the car so I don't understand the complaining. You didnt HAVE to pay 10k over, you chose to.

Edit: Having said all that, congrats on your Z. Post some pics of that beauty.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
Yeah, most sports cars are less limited by their power production than by their aerodynamics or other components. Like TheRoyalStig mentioned, the electronic limiters are set below other points of limitation rather than to the maximum ability of the engine based upon its output.

I believe that the 370Z was electronically limited to 155mph, which makes sense, but that it was aerodynamically limited to something around 170mph, anyway.

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant

Congratulations on your new Z! What’s done is done. Now post some pics of her!