Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
Agreed. The moving pieces/variables in shipping fulfillment of the Z are who was in line in order, the size of the production run, that production run put on a sea can. My dealer told me that Nissan was using the pre-dealer allocation orders as the kick off to a first production run. How many units that is who knows. Why wouldn't you do a massive run and load up a sea can? Or, if you wanted to do an initial launch production run then perhaps the rationale behind that is to get the bugs out. Receive feedback? See how the first cars execute in the real world?
My dealer has been repeating since last year that Nissan really needs Z's on the road to push their new brand image. Therefore I assume our pre-dealer allocation batch will represent those cars. They would then "release" the car aka people see them on the road and can order them. Meanwhile they are wasting no time as they are manufacturing for the February online orders while the new orders come in.

They've already been testing the Z in many parts of the world, for quite a few months now. They have been spotted doing altitude testing, heat testing, one even got into an accident so they were probably beating the crap out of it. I doubt they will need our batch to test it again.

Last edited:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
My dealer has been repeating since last year that Nissan really needs Z's on the road to push their new brand image. Therefore I assume our pre-dealer allocation batch will represent those cars. They would then "release" the car aka people see them on the road and can order them. Meanwhile they are wasting no time as they are manufacturing for the February online orders while the new orders come in.

They've already been testing the Z in many parts of the world, for quite a few months now. They have been spotted doing altitude testing, heat testing, one even got into an accident so they were probably beating the crap out of it. I doubt they will need our batch to test it again.
What I don’t get, is why have an advertising campaign for Mad March featuring the Z, if they won’t have it in March???
How exactly does that work?

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster

Yes I hope you are right! And that does make sense. Those mules got beat. The gray one looked like it had been through a war!

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
What I don’t get, is why have an advertising campaign for Mad March featuring the Z, if they won’t have it in March???
How exactly does that work?
Actually they havent even advertised the car at all. Pretty much cameos in commercials. Its like hey look at this yellow car

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy

now this is a real commercial for the nissan z
weird how canada has one and usa doesn't
US doesn't seem to care about this launch at all. At this point my only chance to get a close look at this car is the NY Auto show in April. That's if they don't cancel the event again.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
US doesn't seem to care about this launch at all. At this point my only chance to get a close look at this car is the NY Auto show in April. That's if they don't cancel the event again.
ATL Autoshow this weekend will have it :) I'll be snapping crazy pics and finally being able to see it in person

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional