takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
"With no relief in sight for the chip shortage, the time has come to adapt to it"
"This is the new normal"

Fortunately, I bought one new and two used vehicles, just before the COVID era and all this stuff blew up. So my "adapt to it" is increasingly looking like telling auto-makers "see ya", and sticking with my current vehicles.

Also regarding the litany of excuses from COVID to "high seismic activity and geopolitical tensions" mentioned in this article to name a few. Seismic activity, lol. In that case there will always be something. Yeah, this situation is not clearing up anytime soon it seems. :(
Bought a 2020 for mama Dec 2019, so she's lucky. I guess I'm gonna have to make do with my 2014 for as long as possible.....at least I like the car.

I'm really worried that all of these desirable vehicles, being under-produced, will create permanently high pricing. Less new cars=less used cars. I don't think people realize that when they say "when things get back to normal" the cars we want are being outlawed eventually, and the longer these issues persist, the more likely it is that the models we want today, will NEVER become reasonably priced, used. There will be too few.

BTW, also pay attention to the increasing MSRPs. Manufacturers want in on the dealership markups, they see every vehicle they produce being sold for way over MSRP, they'll keep jacking up MSRP, $1k per year, testing how much people will pay per unit. There's absolutely zero risk to the manufacturers that they won't sell every single vehicle as people are desperate.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Bought a 2020 for mama Dec 2019, so she's lucky. I guess I'm gonna have to make do with my 2014 for as long as possible.....at least I like the car.

I'm really worried that all of these desirable vehicles, being under-produced, will create permanently high pricing. Less new cars=less used cars. I don't think people realize that when they say "when things get back to normal" the cars we want are being outlawed eventually, and the longer these issues persist, the more likely it is that the models we want today, will NEVER become reasonably priced, used. There will be too few.

BTW, also pay attention to the increasing MSRPs. Manufacturers want in on the dealership markups, they see every vehicle they produce being sold for way over MSRP, they'll keep jacking up MSRP, $1k per year, testing how much people will pay per unit. There's absolutely zero risk to the manufacturers that they won't sell every single vehicle as people are desperate.
True. I got an email this morning from Ford, asking me to renew my long delayed Bronco order for MY2023. Although apparently Ford laid-off their IT staff, because their email includes the wrong link, to the old 2022 build and price page. WTH Ford? And yes, after finding the correct new B&P page, I see the base Bronco 2-door MSRP has gone up for 2023, by around 1k USD. :(

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
True. I got an email this morning from Ford, asking me to renew my long delayed Bronco order for MY2023. Although apparently Ford laid-off their IT staff, because their email includes the wrong link, to the old 2022 build and price page. WTH Ford? And yes, after finding the correct new B&P page, I see the base Bronco 2-door MSRP has gone up for 2023, by around 1k USD. :(
I've seen a few Broncos in traffic recently. Beautiful vehicle, hang in there! That one's worth it...

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Nissan is dropping the ball royally! Only Protos were delivered in the US and Canada, very disappointed in this years long rollout. @Dan_Passe what on earth is going on with production?? I think most of us here are getting really tired of these delays!

The manual GR Supra is looking more attractive, wonder if it will be produced and delivered even BEFORE the other Z trims....
I think somebody told us that it was going to be Protos first, I can't recall whom ;)

I might stop at a Houston area dealer to have a look in person, I still feel Nissan shot themselves in the foot with this.

It'll be interesting to see how things look after the bubble finishes popping.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I've seen a few Broncos in traffic recently. Beautiful vehicle, hang in there! That one's worth it...
Yeah, they are popping up here in Houston as well (my next door neighbor even has one now)

They are WAY bigger in person than I thought, I was thinking Jeep size.......not full blown SUV size.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Yeah, they are popping up here in Houston as well (my next door neighbor even has one now)

They are WAY bigger in person than I thought, I was thinking Jeep size.......not full blown SUV size.
Yeah they seem nearly as big as the Bronco from the 90's, but I think some of that is the stance, the ones I have seen have prominent fender flares

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
The hits just keep on coming. That stop-sale situation regarding the 9-speed transmission means that no vehicles so equipped will even be shipping from the Tochigi plant until the problem is remedied (in addition to any sales being halted for vehicles at any point in the delivery process).

Nissan Issues Stop-Sale Order For Z Sports Car With Automatic Trans (motor1.com)

I know that this isn't necessarily news to us, but the fact that it's appearing in the news incessantly is a hideous look. Unmitigated disaster? Maybe, maybe not. Coupling it with the Supra MT rolling out, however, dumps salt into the open wounds of this launch situation.
It seems the NHTSA has issued a Recall this past week, which usually means a solution has been found.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Some dude on FB is already trying to flip his proto lol
We know this is coming, esp since other trims aren't even close to being delivered. They will cash in I'm sure. Plus not sure how many really like the yellow color anyway.

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Pretty much confirms what straight pipes was saying about nissan canada doing a media drive event in october. Looks like the 23 spring time is solid confirmation
Which is kind of crazy. Most of the Canadian media outlets have already done their reviews and articles. I call this stalling.

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Which is kind of crazy. Most of the Canadian media outlets have already done their reviews and articles. I call this stalling.
My optimistic side, maybe Nissan Canada has it all under control and will release Proto and coupes at the same time near the end of Oct. And whatever this Oct event is, is just a launch party.🤣🥲

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Nah, not even 90's Broncos were this damned big.
If you're looking for something smaller, the Bronco Sport is about the size of the new Chevy Blazer just from eyeballing them. I'm not sure of the exact dimensions. I see quite a few full size and sport version here in Georgia.