First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Nissan is dropping the ball royally! Only Protos were delivered in the US and Canada, very disappointed in this years long rollout. @Dan_Passe what on earth is going on with production?? I think most of us here are getting really tired of these delays!

The manual GR Supra is looking more attractive, wonder if it will be produced and delivered even BEFORE the other Z trims....

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Nissan is dropping the ball royally! Only Protos were delivered in the US and Canada, very disappointed in this years long rollout. @Dan_Passe what on earth is going on with production?? I think most of us here are getting really tired of these delays!

The manual GR Supra is looking more attractive, wonder if it will be produced and delivered even BEFORE the other Z trims....
Please take canada out of this post

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

Australia has only received Protos for customers.
Any coupes have been dealer demos, and not up for sale for 9 months

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco

At this rate, it will take so long for Z to populate the USA market, to the point it becomes a low aggravation MSRP purchase ... that it won't matter anymore for some of us. My prediction of early 2024 is getting pushed out further. :(

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
I'm so fucking bored lol. I can't believe we've been checking this forum daily for a year and basically nothing new has happened....

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell

I think you all effectively "merc'd" him in that other thread. Don't expect a response

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic

that guy isnt going to answer you anymore the ship sank and he rode off with the lifeboat

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
The hits just keep on coming. That stop-sale situation regarding the 9-speed transmission means that no vehicles so equipped will even be shipping from the Tochigi plant until the problem is remedied (in addition to any sales being halted for vehicles at any point in the delivery process).

Nissan Issues Stop-Sale Order For Z Sports Car With Automatic Trans (motor1.com)

I know that this isn't necessarily news to us, but the fact that it's appearing in the news incessantly is a hideous look. Unmitigated disaster? Maybe, maybe not. Coupling it with the Supra MT rolling out, however, dumps salt into the open wounds of this launch situation.

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z

Please take canada out of this post Keep my country's name out of your f*ing mouth
FTFY ;)

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
"With no relief in sight for the chip shortage, the time has come to adapt to it"
"This is the new normal"

Fortunately, I bought one new and two used vehicles, just before the COVID era and all this stuff blew up. So my "adapt to it" is increasingly looking like telling auto-makers "see ya", and sticking with my current vehicles.

Also regarding the litany of excuses from COVID to "high seismic activity and geopolitical tensions" mentioned in this article to name a few. Seismic activity, lol. In that case there will always be something. Yeah, this situation is not clearing up anytime soon it seems. :(