Sponsored

MCN1SMO

Moderator
Moderator
First Name
Matt (MC)
Joined
Jan 31, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
1,645
Reaction score
2,681
Location
NC
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Ive had those GTR drilled rotors on 3 different GTRs since 2008 and had a good amount of track autocross ect ect on them. they can get stress cracks but usually they are tiny and I think nissan considered anything under 4mm to be cosmetic. I never had to replace mine.
 

FSUZ33

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chad
Joined
Feb 23, 2025
Threads
44
Messages
1,532
Reaction score
1,935
Location
Tallahassee, FL
Car(s)
ā€˜24 Z NISMO
I’ve been checking DBA for a while and never got results, until this morning after your post. Got my hopes up, then saw they were 355mm.
Not a web designer, but if they have a selection for the NISMO model/trim, they shouldn’t show results that don’t fit that trim. Rotor diameter, width, center diameter and pcd are important, but if offset isnt perfect you can have catastrophic failure.

While discussing coilovers I asked Nick at Sakebomb if they could spec/build AP Racing rotors to fit the NISMO. He didn’t know, but next phone convo we had he said they could. Haven’t taken the time to go further with it though.
 

FSUZ33

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chad
Joined
Feb 23, 2025
Threads
44
Messages
1,532
Reaction score
1,935
Location
Tallahassee, FL
Car(s)
ā€˜24 Z NISMO
Ive had those GTR drilled rotors on 3 different GTRs since 2008 and had a good amount of track autocross ect ect on them. they can get stress cracks but usually they are tiny and I think nissan considered anything under 4mm to be cosmetic. I never had to replace mine.
Back in the day (early-ā€˜00s) a guy around here drilled a set of 1-piece himself. Didn’t break, but came REALLY close. Never seen rotors that jacked in my life.
 

trackratZ

Well-Known Member
First Name
August
Joined
Mar 23, 2021
Threads
102
Messages
2,832
Reaction score
5,438
Location
So CA
Car(s)
25 Z Perf 6MT, Cayman S (track), MX5 Club (autox)
Occupation
Software security
Good honest review by Nismo Nick! Total enthusiast but also non-biased. Price point needs to come down for sure. So glad to hear the feel of peppiness and punch of the 6 speed is very noticeable, great for the Nismo.
 

25 IS V8

Active Member
First Name
Stephen
Joined
Mar 7, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
40
Reaction score
37
Location
Claremont, CA
Car(s)
2025 Lexus IS 500
Occupation
Consulting
Finally got around to watching the video. And yes, it is a fantastic breakdown by Nick. I too am kind of shocked at the $70K price point. That is more than my fully loaded (literally every option ticked) 2025 IS 500. I'm not saying my IS 500 is a better car, just not an apples to apples comparison.

That said, I don't think anything will bring the price point down and I can already see dealers trying to do ADMs on every one they receive. I hope not, but that's what it looks like from where I sit.
 

d4rkg04t

Active Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
28
Reaction score
17
Location
Floriduh
Car(s)
Whipple Dark Horse w/ MANual
I see every car as a starting point. This is very exciting!
 

CPerdomo

Well-Known Member
First Name
Carlos
Joined
Jun 7, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
718
Reaction score
553
Location
Brandon, Fl.
Car(s)
27 Z Nismo Manual, 2016 Frontier Pro4X Manual
Occupation
Congregational Leader
Great Video!
I completely agree with his assessment. :clap: :handsinair:
 

Apex_Z

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rob
Joined
Aug 28, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
143
Reaction score
232
Location
North Orlando
Car(s)
2025 Z Performance, 1950 Chevy Styleline, 1920's ratrod
Occupation
Engineer
Finally got around to watching the video. And yes, it is a fantastic breakdown by Nick. I too am kind of shocked at the $70K price point. That is more than my fully loaded (literally every option ticked) 2025 IS 500. I'm not saying my IS 500 is a better car, just not an apples to apples comparison.

That said, I don't think anything will bring the price point down and I can already see dealers trying to do ADMs on every one they receive. I hope not, but that's what it looks like from where I sit.
Yep. I could buy a really nice low miles C7 Z06 vette for that, and it mops the floor with the Z in every metric except fuel economy. I think 38k sport, 45k performance and 55-60k nismo would be more aligned with reality.
 

Nis Mo Z

Well-Known Member
First Name
Moses
Joined
May 30, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
266
Reaction score
561
Location
Loganville, Georgia
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Fairlady Z Nismo EWP
Occupation
service tech
Yep. I could buy a really nice low miles C7 Z06 vette for that, and it mops the floor with the Z in every metric except fuel economy. I think 38k sport, 45k performance and 55-60k nismo would be more aligned with reality.

To be fair the C7 Z06 mops the floor with the M2/M2CS/Mustang DH/Cayman GT4/Nissan GTR, pretty much cars that is much more money than the Z Nismo. Corvettes have always been the biggest bang for buck sports cars.
 

KrackaC8

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christopher
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,372
Reaction score
1,989
Location
Sioux City, IA
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance, 2024 Grand Cherokee, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Commodities
To be fair the C7 Z06 mops the floor with the M2/M2CS/Mustang DH/Cayman GT4/Nissan GTR, pretty much cars that is much more money than the Z Nismo. Corvettes have always been the biggest bang for buck sports cars.
Yet, they're boring to drive. Alas, here I am.

Even more so than the Corvettes, the GT-R was the biggest letdown after I drove one cross-country. I was convinced I was going to sell my Evo X for one but agter putting significant seet time in I ended up going for the C7 instead (this was 2014).
 
 






Top