Sponsored

Search results

  1. Ohlins Coilover Setup

    Initially I spoke with Heath/Nick on the phone about what I wanted/expected from the car. We never discussed specific levels like that. Originally (divorced) it was going to be 14KG-F and 11KG-R (actual spring rates on the springs, not wheel rates). Swapped to True and it became the front stayed...
  2. Ohlins Coilover Setup

    Ohlins recommends 7mm of preload for the current US-spec R&T kit. Rear is simple. Measure from perch to perch with the bottom perch hand tight. Then tighten the bottom perch to shorten the stack 7mm. Front with air cups is harder as I’m assuming it’s difficult to measure the spring/stack with...
  3. Smokey on Start UP ?

    Don't bother anyone. You're a strong independent Canadian, so Do It Yourself! 1. Tape a shop vac hose to one of the tips. 2. Tape the other end to your face. 3. Crank. 4. Sniff.
  4. Ohlins Coilover Setup

    M6 or M8?...or M10? Not looking at them but they can't be M6. I did ONLY ask for the pitch...my bad.
  5. Ohlins Coilover Setup

    I took measurements of the loaded spring lengths before I started pulling them apart. That, compared to the unloaded spring lengths would get you a 'Sakebomb' preload measurement, however that may change based on spring rate...idk Also, I don't know IF millimeter precision is important...
  6. Nissan Z cracked cylinder head/ "porous block"

    After 4(?) years of the Z on the streets this gets brought from time to time. A handful of people have nd will be taking precautions. I’m pretty sure no one here has ever had that issue or known someone that had it On their Z. I’m not a student of the internet and a Nissan savant, but I think...
  7. 27 Grill Garnish Question

    Going out on a limb here … I think the fact that the center bar is an all-model piece now (except NISMO), not just a Heritage Bumper thing, AND the fact that it really looks sharp, is going to push a few more people/companies to make them in different versions to fit the ā€˜23-ā€˜26 bumpers...
  8. Nissan Z Kaze T-Top Concept unveiled

    I had an ā€˜05 roadster from like 2016 to last year when I traded it in for the Z. My ā€˜03 Track got totaled, I needed to make a quick decision, and it was convenient (a family member’s, and babied). I may have dropped that top a max of 15 times, and it was automatic, just unlatch and hold a...
  9. Pop-up hood (popper delete kit) installed with pics

    Correct. What you get from a setup at least with the mating connector is the reliable connection. It can be accomplished with resistors and electrical tape, but you have to consider all of it getting hot and vibrating around. If you go the ā€œshove it between the contacts and tapeā€ method, it may...
  10. Nissan Z Kaze T-Top Concept unveiled

    Rarely drive with the windows down, so never really interested in anything with an open or partially open top. Open top cars are stiffer than they used to be, but still leave a lot to be desired if you're really pushing it...not that most people are pushing it. I realize this opinion is most...
  11. Ohlins Coilover Setup

    Pardon me for not remembering or checking, but @Imperial and @Suzuyabot 1. Is your setup Road & Track, Sakebomb FP Spec, or a diff kit (JDM, Euro…someone has the JDM kit, I think). 2. Divorced or True? 3. Spring rates? For useless reference, as I havenā€˜t even installed mine yet, it’s Sakebomb...
  12. My Car Makes a Scraping Sound over Driveway Entrances - Low curbs and slow speeds

    Does it sound/feel like it’s coming from the front bumper? If so, it’s probably legit and you need to be a little more cautious and watch your angle on transitions. But, also check to make sure nothing is hanging down or sticking out that shouldn’t be. Sometimes one hard scrape can bust the...
  13. Did Your New Z Come With Factory Items In The Trunk/Hatch as Standard ?

    I noticed the DUNLOP looked weird, but didn't notice the lack of flares. I think that specific image was touched up with AI. Guessing something was in the reflection they tried to edit out and it blanked the flares (or "flairs" depending on your personal level of flamboyance). The full image is...
  14. Removal of the Nissan front hood badge

    The latest Pro4X emblem isn't bad, at least for a black Z. It's WAY too big to even think about fitting, not to mention there's no way the shape would work anyway. You'd think as a cost saving measure they'd share basic emblems across models, but it doesn't look like Nissan does that.
  15. Did Your New Z Come With Factory Items In The Trunk/Hatch as Standard ?

    Haven't heard anything for a while about suspension spacers on the NISMOs, so to those new to the platform, if your NISMOs gap looks like this, the dealer didn't or hasn't removed the shipping spacers from the springs.
  16. Ohlins Coilover Setup

    They’re all close. Biggest difference is 0.08 degrees left to right on the caster 6.15 & 6.23. Camber graphics on the left and toe graphics on the right are leaning the wrong way. Others are correct. Completely defeats the purpose of having a graphic at all. Way to go, whoever!
  17. Anybody running spacers?

    Stock. No suspension changes yet.
  18. Any big brake options for Sport Model with 18 inch Factory Rims ?

    There are probably BBKs out there with ~14" front rotors that would fit inside 18's, but the kicker is finding a kit that has been designed to work with the Z. The Z1 kit is almost a clone of the Performance brakes. @Who.Am.Eye.2716 may know specifically that less then 15 is needed, but Z1...
  19. Ohlins Coilover Setup

    Swapping in spacers. Need 6mm to have enough thread for the top nut. Plenty of room on the end of the shaft, but the thicker the spacer the higher the top hat, which makes the coil over longer. A few mm is nothing though unless you’re planning to absolutely dump them to the max lowest setting...



Top