To be fair the C7 Z06 mops the floor with the M2/M2CS/Mustang DH/Cayman GT4/Nissan GTR, pretty much cars that is much more money than the Z Nismo. Corvettes have always been the biggest bang for buck sports cars.
I was wondering if any Nismo owners tried these bars? The Nismo is already setup pretty stiff but I wonder if one would notice any improvements over the Nismo chassis setup? I’m sure it likely makes a big difference on the Sport/Performance/Heritage models.
It looks like there’s an update in the Nissan app where the background changed? I’m not sure if it’s a Z Nismo thing or is it across the board? However I am disappointed in the fact we still don’t get the remote start feature with this update 😢
One other thing. Stillen didn't make the TruControl. Racechip makes these boxes then makes a deal with companies like Stillen and others(Vivid Racing) to sell it by another name. There's likely some differences but it's not a genuine Stillen product like their exhaust system
I wonder has anyone had issues with the TruControl during Fall like temperatures? I felt the issues during Summer temps/high humidity when I didn't have the upgraded H/X.
On another note I'm so damn happy "Boost Weather" is upon us.
So I got tired of waiting weeks and months for the oem emblem but the good folks at Factory Spirit has an emblem in the woodworks for those that want a sort of OEM plus emblem. I was sent the pre production emblem and I think it’s great considering the Z portion is white instead of silver. The...
P0240 is a boost sensor code.
P0101 is a MAF sensor circuit malfunction. I wonder if you put the TruControl on the correct connectors? Or there’s a boost leak somewhere
Check this out. This is C&D test in California. Now the BMW cars are automatics so it’s not apples to apples but they do well on 91 octane nonetheless. But look at the Z Performance manual time and the 480hp Mustang manual on 91.
You need to do some research on the Nismo specifically. There’s some guys out in California, Specialty Z, that pretty much explains that the Nismo tune hates 91. When they try to tune it ever so slightly it knocks a lot.
Also Car and Driver had the same issue with a Performance model Z that...
Here’s something I’ve seen nobody address yet. The VR30 is a motor that hates 91 octane. The Ford Coyote V8 is the same way. But the BMW S58/B58 perform the same on 91/93 octane. The best 1/4 mile time I’ve seen on a Nismo is from Edmunds(12.3 @116), but that was on 93 octane and 9AT
I tried a new custom center cap. The Apex VS5RS(2.25 inches) makes it where you can’t run the OEM Z center caps(2.5 inches). My plan is to turn every single Z emblem red or red inserts. Trying something different but sort of Nismo-like.
Very easy but my car is lowered so I had to jack it up to install the anchor point near the shock tower. Be careful of the plastic area that surrounds it because I had issues where the struts was rubbing on it because I didn't pay close attention to how the plastics should be aligned before I...
You're going to love the upgrade once it arrives!
I love seeing the old Nismo wheels on your car!! Matter of fact they look way better on the rz34's sharper body to my eyes.
So I finally got rid of the prop rod today for some hood shocks! I can’t believe it took me 16 months of owning the car to do this! It should be one of those first non performance mods.
I personally don’t like a wheel that I can’t see the details of unless I’m in close proximity. I’m the biggest black wheel hater because I feel wheels need to stand out rather than looking like an extension of tires. That’s why I sold my Nismo wheels. They are a great design but I can never...
So after getting my Z1 Sunshade I discovered a flaw that I’m willing to overlook because this sunshade is great quality. The sunshade is designed for the 370z because the area in the middle of the rz34 (ADAS)is wider than the 370z mirror area but Z1 never updated it for our cars to have a wider...