Whats your price breaking point for a Z???

Jstoke

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Fiesta, 88 F150, 13 Triumph Speedmaster
The new Camaros are excellent performers but I just can’t get over the styling on the newest ones. The ‘16-18’s we’re attractive but the ‘19+ are terrible. Also they don’t offer an option package that’s what I’m looking for either. If they sold an LT1 with more creature comforts I’d buy that. But they make you buy a 2SS and that comes with a lot of stuff I don’t really need.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
After the weight leaks, no first drives yet, let alone reviews of a car being available soon, and the basically dead silence from Nissan USA I am growing skeptical on this car.

Looks and feels only goes so far. It better at least be competitive. I feel that Nissan targeted the 335hp Supra (underrated) at the time thinking they had it in the bag. Now it's 382hp (underrated) and weighs 3400lbs with the auto, and they know they're in a pickle. Unless the handling experience is superb, and they underrated that 400hp/350ftlb, due to weight, price is very important now.

Price? Now I'm going to say $44-45k not including destination for 6-spd Performance trim. The interior will be superior to Mustang, but a far cry from Supra and especially M240i. It doesn't feature adjustable suspension. It's not a feather weight, and its probably around similar power levels as Supra 3.0, inferior to Mustang.

If they don't keep their dogs in check at the stealerships with ADM, don't boost power, and/or don't dial in that suspension, I could easily be out just like a few guys in my regional area Cars and Coffee and SCCA clubs when we all last chatted.

Nissan can't afford to blow it. Despite the old ridiculously overpriced GT-R, I think the Z is their real Halo car that canl drum up excitement and traffic for their brand.

I think this car is going to have just as many negatives/compromises to be made just like Supra.

OP
OP
memelord

memelord

First Name
Toua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Occupation
Military
The latest interview news from Nissan has made me pessimistic for the Z’s success. I feel like Nissan killed the Z before even giving it a chance. They know it’s nothing new, same old 370z with a swapped motor.

Last edited:

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
For me, it has be be cheaper than a similarly optioned Mustang GT. Especially now that we know the weight is up on the Z. No one seems to be comparing these two but it’s a better comparison than the Supra honestly. This car cannot seriously compete at 40k base price when you can get a GT for just over 36k or a GT Premium for 40k which will have everything the Z performance does for an estimated 5k less. Just to compare I spec’d one out how I’d buy it and it was just under 43k. It’s a hard sell for me to spend more money on less power and 2 less seats which I could actually use since I have a kid just to save a couple hundred pounds of weight. Even though I really do love the styling and interior of the Z.
All BS aside, that GT does NOT handle anywhere close to the Z.

Jstoke

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Fiesta, 88 F150, 13 Triumph Speedmaster
That’s fine with me I’m not buying for handling I just want something comfortable, good looking, manual, with good power. I’ll never take it to the track or anything like that mostly just commute in it.

Snake

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 F150 Lariat 4x4 5.0, 2009 E93 335i
Occupation
Sales
SS 1LE for $45k out the door is an unbelievable car for the money. Drove it a few times at autox and just amazes me American muscle have come a long way.
Absolutely my man, I wish I would have never sold that thing. Kept pace up in the canyons with cars 2x its price and more.

In a normal world, yes.....but we live in Covid Wackyland right now where hype doesn't die and demand outweighs supply.

With that being said, 45k is my limit for a maxed out performance w/ stick and for the first time ever in my lifetime, it makes more sense to buy new.

400+ hp, RWD, Stick, Can take turns - Not much of that going around these days. IMO the only other thing that compares for the same money is a clapped out '14/'15 C7.

6th Gen Camaros are so slept on, GM finally got it right - It really is a "Sports Car" muscle car now and, nobody wants it because they don't know how to properly adjust mirrors.
Your 100% right GM nailed it with the alpha platform!! I never understood people's complaint about the visibility, sure it wasn't the best initially but with your mirrors and seat set right it was no problem. Plus it felt so cool to be in the seat of fast and capable "tank" lol

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Just wanted to post this up for reference for the people talking about usd to cad conversions. Screenshots taken from nissan usa and nissan canada.
99B29B9C-3664-41E6-A095-0ED6D1CC14DA.png
CBAB7388-B6BC-4012-88F9-7938960493E9.png

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
All BS aside, that GT does NOT handle anywhere close to the Z.
Oh yeah, let's see about that. My stock Perf Pack 2 GT with the excellent adjustable Magneride around Laguna Seca at 1:38.42, don't think the new Z can match but prove me wrong later this year when times are posted. I really wished the new Z comes with adjustable suspension, but no. You've got to drive the Track Pkg S550 chassis and the 1LE Camaro to feel the handling, they've come a long way.

Again.... https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna-seca-post-1988

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Just wanted to post this up for reference for the people talking about usd to cad conversions. Screenshots taken from nissan usa and nissan canada.....
Thanks for that. As should be self evident here, Nissan Canada simply ate the majority of the ~25% currency conversion premium, and continues to do so with other models, so hopefully this will carry over to the Z.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
It seems to me Canada gets the best deal with pricing. No dealer mark up, but the same price as the US with a small increase to cover some of the dollar conversion.
US get ripped off with dealer mark ups.
Aussies just get ripped off in conversion, I mean we don’t have dealer mark ups, but our $ is almost the same as the Canadian dollar, yet we will still be paying 20k more. Our government with their import charges and luxury car tax etc…has a lot to answer for.

question…prices as listed, did they include your car rego and all other taxes ( other than insurance)?

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
It seems to me Canada gets the best deal with pricing. No dealer mark up, but the same price as the US with a small increase to cover some of the dollar conversion.
Aussies just get ripped off in conversion, I mean we don’t have dealer mark ups, but our $ is almost the same as the Canadian dollar, yet we will still be paying 20k more. Our government with their import charges and luxury car tax etc…has a lot to answer for.

question…prices as listed, did they include your car rego and all other taxes ( other than insurance)?
Pretty much, dealer markup here is Illegal. You can get the Golf R here for 44K Canadian, which is ludicrous value. I have similar hopes for the Z.

We get fleeced on sales tax and insurance pricing though...

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD

No in most provinces there will be a 13% sales tax.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
That’s fine with me I’m not buying for handling I just want something comfortable, good looking, manual, with good power. I’ll never take it to the track or anything like that mostly just commute in it.
Similar situation, I'm interested in a performance road vehicle, but it doesn't have to be top performance. Meaning, if it's several tenths of a second slower or whatever, compared to some competing vehicle, I'm fine with that. In fact, hopefully by not redesigning everything new for the upcoming Z, the vehicle will cost less and be more reliable, using more existing and proven parts. The Z even with the predicted stats, will beat all my current vehicles in terms of road performance.

Would be nice if there is a top line model including more power etc, for folks interested in the ultimate performance from the Z platform. Maybe include suspension adjustment, more horsepower, and some of the other items mentioned ... at a more premium price. Nismo? Otherwise I'm price inflexible, and glad Nissan didn't go the route of letting a quest for extra performance put the cost out of my budget.