What does everyone do for a living?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Cool thread.

I'm a Locomotive driver flying in and out of the Pilbara (very rich iron ore deposits in Australia) I drive the longest trains in the southern hemisphere (and possibly the northern aswell) at 3km long.

Pretty full on occupation and lifestyle with flying into and out of site for half a month at a time, but I enjoy it.

Good to read others experiences aswell 👍
Every boys dream!

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
Cool thread.

I'm a Locomotive driver flying in and out of the Pilbara (very rich iron ore deposits in Australia) I drive the longest trains in the southern hemisphere (and possibly the northern aswell) at 3km long.

Pretty full on occupation and lifestyle with flying into and out of site for half a month at a time, but I enjoy it.

Good to read others experiences aswell 👍
That's an awesome job. All the trainspotters admire you! I long for a nice O scale layout! 😀👍

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
I’ve never seen this thread lol, let’s see I was a mechanic and then ran my own garage for a while till Covid slowed work down a bit then I got out and now I work with my long time friend in transportation we move a lot of cars for oems to dealers

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Professional traffic Engineer $150K
I find it hilarious that you're the only one that felt it necessary to include their salary in 6 pages of responses lol. Are we supposed to be impressed by that number lol? You really wanna play that game? There's a girl that sells her farts, and she makes $200k/year. By the grace of God I make more than her, but still, she didn't have to endure the trauma of law school.

See why listing salaries is silly?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Professional traffic Engineer $150K
I find it hilarious that you're the only one that felt it necessary to include their salary in 6 pages of responses lol. Are we supposed to be impressed by that number lol? You really wanna play that game? There's a girl that sells her farts, and she makes $200k/year. By the grace of God I make more than her, but still, she didn't have to endure the trauma of law school.

See why listing salaries is silly?
That is janky.

I'm an ITS Traffic Signal Tech, and, with all due respect as I don't personally know the engineer, most of us in my line of work generally don't appreciate the engineers. Some of that reasoning is apparent here.....