What changes to the current Z would you like to see in the new model?

tetsuo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Maxima
Speculative I know, but what would you like to see changed about the 370Z?

For me it comes down to three main things...

-price
-size
-dimensions/proportions

By the last one i mean they need to rethink the proportioning. I'm not a fan of the cockpit feel with poor visibility. It seems like they need to use less materials or rework the proportions since the FRS is about the same dimensions but actually feels bigger inside.

350ZZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 350Z NISMO
The cargo space needs to be dramatically improved but if the rumors about a return to a smaller, lighter car that may not happen.

The 370Z has 6.9cu.ft. max cargo and a completely useless trunk. It's a sports car so yea it is forgivable to an extent but the interior is just way too cramped when you compare to what's out there.

They also needs to put the thin out the roof pillars for bigger windows and better rear and blind spot visibility.

chromeX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Price price and more price! If they dropped the current model $5k, it would help sell the car. It's not a bad car performance wise and still looks great, but it's just not a good value at its current price and the low sales reflect that. Doesn't matter how much improved the car ends up being if they overprice it again.

J_Watts

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86
Less racerboy interior and a more simpler sports car interior. 370z with its three angled gauge pods on center dash always seemed like they're turbo gauges from ricers to me.

FLex

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Golf R
Less racerboy interior and a more simpler sports car interior. 370z with its three angled gauge pods on center dash always seemed like they're turbo gauges from ricers to me.
x2

get rid of those and give us a sleeker dashboard and less upright center stack like the 300zx had.

Yolo2014

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
x2

get rid of those and give us a sleeker dashboard and less upright center stack like the 300zx had.
Ya 370z dash is not very attractive and chintzy feeling.

Give us this orange leather as an option tho please.

Gunnerman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maxima, Toyota FJ
I'll take one like the GT-R premium interior.

Simple, functional and high quality leather to boot.

J_Watts

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86
Forgot to say: lighter smaller lighter smaller! No reason it can't be smaller. It's the same size as a FR-S and that car even has back seats.

MillerP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3
Lower weight, price, and size. If they can hit all three of these then this car will be a success. By recent reports it sounds like we'll get the lower weight and size. As for price hope they learned their lesson from the 370z overpricing.

Cramer

Threads
Reaction score
Lower weight, price, and size. If they can hit all three of these then this car will be a success. By recent reports it sounds like we'll get the lower weight and size. As for price hope they learned their lesson from the 370z overpricing.
Everyone wants that wish list hah! Unfortunately few if any new cars have satisfied all these criteria.

Adam

Threads
Reaction score
Actually I know people who don't really want a car that is too small since it takes away from its presence. Also my buddy wants the Z to go upmarket to compete with the likes of the M3 since there is a big gap for Nissan sports cars all the way up to the GT-R

I Love Pho

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 BRZ
Actually I know people who don't really want a car that is too small since it takes away from its presence. Also my buddy wants the Z to go upmarket to compete with the likes of the M3 since there is a big gap for Nissan sports cars all the way up to the GT-R
That'd be fun to see but such a competitive segment with the M3/M4, C63, RS5 up there. Personally I think going downmarket actually makes more sense. There's just less competition there.

ToTheMax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
That'd be fun to see but such a competitive segment with the M3/M4, C63, RS5 up there. Personally I think going downmarket actually makes more sense. There's just less competition there.
How down market are we talking? Compete with the likes of the Genesis coupe or the FRS/BRZ? Those are fun little drivers cars but not what I am looking for. Once you get past the zippiness, you immeditaely feel how underpowered they are.

Yolo2014

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
So far Nissan seems only interested in the high end market. I don't think they cheapen the Z sports car when all its competitors are going more and more upscale and modern.

NSFW!

Threads
Reaction score
So far Nissan seems only interested in the high end market. I don't think they cheapen the Z sports car when all its competitors are going more and more upscale and modern.
Sometimes its better to go against the trend. Then you are able to offer something that someone else doesn't. All the competitors going more upscale also probably means that the price is going u too... something I do't think the Z should be doing.