What car are you getting instead of the Z?

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
While my heart is set on the new Z, partly because of nostalgia reasons, I found this on the web this morning.

https://www.factoryfive.com/818/818c/

If I can't get a new Z this year with the trim/color I want without paying ADM, I'm going to seriously consider just building a kit car. Does anyone have experience doing this?

Dotson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nissan Pathfinder
The new 2023 Honda Civic Type R has piqued my interest lately. It'll be a great handling car and plenty quick if it's anything like its predecessor. But, the current Type R is gaudy and immature-looking, which led me to dismiss it as something I would not own. However, this new one is looking potentially much better, even under camo. Not only that, it was some practicality to it, fwd (suitable for inclement weather), four doors, and a decent size trunk/hatch. As you may know, the current Type R was the fastest fwd production car on Nurburgring at 7:43.7 and right up there with the best awd and rwd cars.

2023-honda-civic-type-r-side-view-spy-photo.jpg

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
While my heart is set on the new Z, partly because of nostalgia reasons, I found this on the web this morning.

https://www.factoryfive.com/818/818c/

If I can't get a new Z this year with the trim/color I want without paying ADM, I'm going to seriously consider just building a kit car. Does anyone have experience doing this?
I’m pretty sure my son was looking at this exact car…..issue is importing it for us in Aus, and he would have to sell his car to buy it, and then would have no transportation till it was done.
if it’s anything like his model planes etc, he’ll get half way through it, and then it will sit in our carport until I chuck a nana and he throws it out? so not that keen on him trying
But for someone who will stick with it, I say go for it

Last edited:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The new 2023 Honda Civic Type R has piqued my interest lately. It'll be a great handling car and plenty quick if it's anything like its predecessor. But, the current Type R is gaudy and immature-looking, which led me to dismiss it as something I would not own. However, this new one is looking potentially much better, even under camo. Not only that, it was some practicality to it, fwd (suitable for inclement weather), four doors, and a decent size trunk/hatch. As you may know, the current Type R was the fastest fwd production car on Nurburgring at 7:43.7 and right up there with the best awd and rwd cars.

I owned a civic R loved it….the new ones front end looks too squared off for my liking, and like other posters …I think it’s gone too big
Time will tell, hope I’m wrong

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy

Yeah this is another one that may be on the short list. I just want to see a full reveal already.

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
The type R is peak hot hatch imo. I'm sure it would be far more practical than the Z on a daily basis. If I wasn't already dailying a hot hatch and looking for something different I'd be looking very closely at the Type R too

MGD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
Occupation
Owner of electrical contracting company
I’m pretty sure my son was looking at this exact car…..issue is importing it for us in Aus, and he would have to sell his car to buy it, and then would have no transportation till it was done.
if it’s anything like his model planes etc, he’ll get half way through it, and then it will sit in our carport until I chuck a nana and he throws it out? so not that kern on him trying
But for someone who will stick with it, I say go for it
Haha, to be young again! ?. I was the opposite as a kid, I would take things apart to figure out how they work…but never put them back together again ?. Now I have an electrical contracting company and rebuild old machines from scratch for machine shops and drive sports cars so it was worth something! ??

On topic with the original thread…I will keep my Giulia if the Z is unreasonably delayed. All my carbon fibre goodies are slowly arriving for her and I can’t wait to get them installed! ?

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
hey guys...been a while.

now that i know nissan is charging over $50k for the Z im wanting...im gonna get something else instead.

that $55k will go towards a gtr or nsx now...

did the price change anyone else's mind? will you hold off for now or get another car?

discuss!

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
hey guys...been a while.

now that i know nissan is charging over $50k for the Z im wanting...im gonna get something else instead.

that $55k will go towards a gtr or nsx now...

did the price change anyone else's mind? will you hold off for now or get another car?

discuss!
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that thinks $50K is just too much especially considering the chassis is about 15 years old. And let's be real, it's $55K when you include destination, color options, floor mats, taxes, registration and dealer fees. Wish they would've carried over the same setup as the 370 and had a true "sport" trim between base and performance.

Since my current 370 (base model) is almost paid off, I was pretty dead set on getting the Performance but now I'm trying to decide if I can swallow the idea of going with a base Z again next year or just hold off for a while and get a Porsche 718 down the road.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that thinks $50K is just too much especially considering the chassis is about 15 years old. And let's be real, it's $55K when you include destination, color options, floor mats, taxes, registration and dealer fees. Wish they would've carried over the same setup as the 370 and had a true "sport" trim between base and performance.

Since my current 370 (base model) is almost paid off, I was pretty dead set on getting the Performance but now I'm trying to decide if I can swallow the idea of going with a base Z again next year or just hold off for a while and get a Porsche 718 down the road.
tbh...id keep the 370 unless your really tired of it and wanting something new.

the porsche may be a good plan too...once you pay off your car, put back that monthly payment for a few more years and you can get it.