What car are you getting instead of the Z?

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
50k plus dealer markups, this thing will be over 60k easily in my area. Availability will also play a factor. I'm looking at other options. I really love the GR86...so that's going to be a strong candidate. Obviously not as powerful but will be a fun handling car which I can tune over time and still save. In fact I can get that and a nice used daily for work. Heck I'm starting to consider Mustang again....maybe lol.

Btw welcome back! Haven't seen you hear in awhile.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
99E2DF83-9E0B-4CA1-BB65-1C5B9746EA1C.jpeg

2022 Miata RF Club with Recaro, BBS, Brembo package. Sure it’s slow but it’s so much fun! And I got it at MSRP.
very nice...they are great looking cars, congrats!

tcaustin

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GMC Sierra
Occupation
Physician
very nice...they are great looking cars, congrats!
Thank you.

The Miata forum is good but not nearly as user friendly as this one.

I had so much fun driving my 97 Maxima and my 96 300zx TT so I wish in a way that I was going to get a new Z.

But this car was actually available for me to enjoy this summer and who knows when the Z will actually be here and at what actual cost…

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Thank you.

I had so much fun driving my 97 Maxima and my 96 300zx TT so I wish in a way that I was going to get a new Z.

But this car was actually available for me to enjoy this summer and who knows when the Z will actually be here and at what actual cost…
I was so close to going the same way…only reason I didn’t was because to get the colour I wanted it was going to be another 6 month wait, by which time the z would be here ( well so I thought at the time).
Great little car, lots of fun …enjoy

Z_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
s2000, Xterra Pro-4x
I'm waiting to see what comes out of the Toyota GR Corolla and where they price it. Maybe the new civic type R, depending on what it looks like and if they give it an AWD system. Also waiting to see what the Nismo version of the Z will offer, and if the GRMN Supra ever comes to life.

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer

2022 Miata RF Club with Recaro, BBS, Brembo package. Sure it’s slow but it’s so much fun! And I got it at MSRP.
She Purrty ! Congratulations Sir !!

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
hey guys...been a while.

now that i know nissan is charging over $50k for the Z im wanting...im gonna get something else instead.

that $55k will go towards a gtr or nsx now...

did the price change anyone else's mind? will you hold off for now or get another car?

discuss!
$50k is gonna equal over $60k once the dealer is done with them. Fuck that. I'm back to getting a C7Z now.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
$50k is sorta deterring me, but, Its either this or a M2 Comp/CS or GT4, and I'm def not looking to go full euro for a weekend/summer car that I'd want to keep forever...On the other hand I do have a strong nostalgia push to get the Z, so i'm 95% committed to Perf Spec and just trade up when Nismo is out...

romanLegion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0
$50k is sorta deterring me, but, Its either this or a M2 Comp/CS or GT4, and I'm def not looking to go full euro for a weekend/summer car that I'd want to keep forever...On the other hand I do have a strong nostalgia push to get the Z, so i'm 95% committed to Perf Spec and just trade up when Nismo is out...
I've followed those cars quite a lot, and if you're committed to getting an out-and-out sports car, forget any hold ups around a car being full Euro. Just go M2 Comp or GT4. (or maybe Emira) for best value. M2 Comp if you still want to wrench on the car a bit, or the GT4 if you want the best driving feel from stock.

M2 CSes are over $100k and personally I feel its not $30-40k more car than an M2 Comp; its just hyperinflated due to rarity.

If you want a GT car, I'd argue that since you're considering a price point including GT4s and M2CSes, you could get a used AM Vanquish as a very nice GT car if you plan on using it just for some summer weekends.

The only card the Z has at your price point, as you said, is nostalgia.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
I've followed those cars quite a lot, and if you're committed to getting an out-and-out sports car, forget any hold ups around a car being full Euro. Just go M2 Comp or GT4. (or maybe Emira) for best value. M2 Comp if you still want to wrench on the car a bit, or the GT4 if you want the best driving feel from stock.

M2 CSes are over $100k and personally I feel its not $30-40k more car than an M2 Comp; its just hyperinflated due to rarity.

If you want a GT car, I'd argue that since you're considering a price point including GT4s and M2CSes, you could get a used AM Vanquish as a very nice GT car if you plan on using it just for some summer weekends.

The only card the Z has at your price point, as you said, is nostalgia.
Yea I'd love the GT4, but a bit more $$ then I'd like to spend if I wanna stay married, similarly to the M2 CS (But I want that F80 M3 engine!), so yea the M2 Comp is last standing vs Z in terms of price iish. The reason I'm not going Am is the reliability, as I really don't want to allocate that much money towards repairs....damn decisions....

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom

Amazing! 🤩 I've got a Black Club soft top on order, without the Recaro/BBS/Brembo package. I actually test drove a Miata Grand Touring yesterday at the dealer my order is through, and it reaffirmed my decision to get an ND2. Just soooo damn fun. It was used car, so I opened it up a bit and maybe even did a little powerslide U-turn at a stoplight.... 😈 😇

With the used car, they just wanted me to keep my test drive under 100 miles... "Will do!" I said!

1653325902310.png

Thank you.

Yeah, it's funny cuz I've now got an NA Miata, have an ND2 on the way, never owned a Z, but I'm on this forum and not Miata.net lol.

I think the Miata forum is a phenomenal resource, but it's absolutely massive, and I enjoy the interactions here at the 'Z club.'

My 1st car was a Sentra, my second car was/is an Xterra, so I'm a little bummed to not be carrying on the Nissan tradition (for now), but I'm on the same page with you about the new Z availability, cost, etc...

TheGuverment

For profit. Strictly business.
First Name
Strickland
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Subaru WRX hatchback
A GR86, it's got just enough performance for any *real world driving scenario now. I could careless about the "gapplebees" bros and all the other bs nonsense scenarios that people come up with to try and trash the car. All this stuff is starting to be phased out, I'm just trying to enjoy a simple performance car at this point.