What car are you getting instead of the Z?

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Hopefully it wouldn't be like that for the Z bc that will push people into the Supra $territory$ and they're gonna have MT pretty soon.
nissan could so bury toyota in the sports segment if they price the performance model right...

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
nissan could so bury toyota in the sports segment if they price the performance model right...
I don't think they can bury them, but the Z is going to do just fine. Supra 3.0 MSRP is a few hundred short of $55k. My guess is that the perf model comes in with a MSRP of at least $7k less than that which is enough for some people, but at this point I'm not sure how much it even matters. This car will sell itself for a while regardless of who drops out. Someone else will be there to buy it, and even if MSRP was higher there's still a lot of people that have no interest in a MkV (& vice versa) no matter what transmission it has or how close in price they get.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Local Subaru dealership texted me and said they just got a White Premium 6MT BRZ in, and I'll be damned if I'm not tempted to check it out this weekend
I'm in the same boat. I have dealerships selling that and the GR86 for msrp. I've been so tempted to just get this torture over with and buy it. But here I am waiting for the damn Z. Lol.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I'm in the same boat. I have dealerships selling that and the GR86 for msrp. I've been so tempted to just get this torture over with and buy it. But here I am waiting for the damn Z. Lol.
You and me both, bud. The Twins are GREAT cars, but I've waited this long to at least see what the Z is all about, and worry I'd feel like I settled (using that term very loosely here). Sure, I could trade it in and all that, but I hate jumping through dealership hoops.

Oddly enough, Toyota dealerships down here have yet to receive manual GR's—only automatics have hit the lots, and they've been few in numbers.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Wut? Nissan is not burying any manufacturer anytime soon. In fact, they were nearly buried themselves! They're not going to bury the GR86. We already know the Z isn't intended to be a track weapon, so that is a pretty significant knock. They're in the sport touring segment, which has stiff competition. The Mustang outgunned the 370z in that segment by a large margin. But we'll never know the performance of the Z until....oh whatever day they hit dealership lots. Think Nissan is getting nervous. We'll have the manual Supra before you see a Z on the roads.

supraboi

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS300
Wut? Nissan is not burying any manufacturer anytime soon. In fact, they were nearly buried themselves! They're not going to bury the GR86. We already know the Z isn't intended to be a track weapon, so that is a pretty significant knock. They're in the sport touring segment, which has stiff competition. The Mustang outgunned the 370z in that segment by a large margin. But we'll never know the performance of the Z until....oh whatever day they hit dealership lots. Think Nissan is getting nervous. We'll have the manual Supra before you see a Z on the roads.
Maybe not

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/bmw-production-halts-due-to-war.12663/

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
These cars are only getting rarer. I would take what I could get.
I get that, but black is my least favorite color on this car. Still shooting myself in the foot for not buying a red one in FL back in 2010 for $13k or more recently a silver auto in CA just 3 years ago for $25k. ?