RevMatchTV - Is the Z Better Than The 2024 Mustang?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
You don't get 6 piston Brembos on the Z Performance, they're Akebonos still.

Nope, still can't hold a candle to any Mustang GT. I can already tell on how my GT Perf Pack Level 2 performs, stock for stock. Plus that Coyote adaptive exhaust braaaap, nothing like it on the road!

kraftmatic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 BMW M240i xDrive
Occupation
IT Manager
Yes, in every category that matters to me. Aka I want a Z and I don't want that ugly ass mustang. Same with the Camaro (can't see out of it, and its hideous), Supra (made by BMW and it looks like a blob fish), m240i (German engineering = no for me), and basically all the competitors. I want a japanese made rear wheel drive sports car. I get that I'm likely a minority here (which is weird because this is a Z forum?) but I don't think any of these cars holds a candle to the Z, at least in my opinion.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
The better question is whether most of us here can get a 2024 Mustang before we can get a Z.
I have a funny feeling that this could end up happening for some people, especially if they're holding out for a specific order from their dealership or certain spec to be exactly what they want.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I’m certain that all of us with Z orders feel exactly the same.
I’m still in the Z camp because always been a Nissan/Datsun fan, Z owner for many many years. Plus the new Z carries lots of heritage in design. Just totally disappointed in how Nissan is handling this production and delivery, and the whole dealer network! I’m sure many agree. Was totally excited but now less and less.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
I’m still in the Z camp because always been a Nissan/Datsun fan, Z owner for many many years. Plus the new Z carries lots of heritage in design. Just totally disappointed in how Nissan is handling this production and delivery, and the whole dealer network! I’m sure many agree. Was totally excited but now less and less.
Overall I still like the Z, but it's hard to get all that excited anymore, about a vehicle that likely won't be available to me for several years. Plus things change - maybe I won't want a Z in 2024.

Timing is everything, a Z would have been a good fit for me 2 or 3 years ago, too bad it took (is still taking) Nissan so long to deliver in any quantity.