RevMatchTV - Is the Z Better Than The 2024 Mustang?

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Why is the automatic not listed? Is it just a matter of time until it gets listed? May not make it on NHTSA until 2-3 years given the speed government agencies operate.
The recall has been resolved and units are allowed for retail sale.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
That doesn't make any sense to me, but maybe I'm not educated enough on the topic. Even if it is resolved by now, why would it not show up? Effectively by it showing nothing says it never happened.

OP
OP
jezzza

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
That doesn't make any sense to me, but maybe I'm not educated enough on the topic. Even if it is resolved by now, why would it not show up? Effectively by it showing nothing says it never happened.
I've heard no mention of a product recall, just the stop sale which has since been resolved.

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
Interesting. Is a stop sale a loophole or something the NHTSA doesn't track?
Has it been confirmed if any (of the few that have been sold) customer cars were affected by this issue post delivery?

Perhaps that could be the difference

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Stop sale could mean some type of TSB (technical service bulletin), not yet a full blown recall.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
A stop sale is initiated by the NHTSA, and a recall is issued afterward when a solution to the stop sale has been found.

They will not wait for the manufacturer. Usually, consumer complaints trigger these actions by the NHTSA.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Donalex said:

This was my response to @siggy asking why the automatic tranny recall wasn't showing with the screen capture of the NHTSA webpage.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
A stop sale is initiated by the NHTSA, and a recall is issued afterward when a solution to the stop sale has been found.

They will not wait for the manufacturer. Usually, consumer complaints trigger these actions by the NHTSA.
I guess I'm really confused or just too simple to understand (usually the latter). You say a stop sale is initiated by the NHTSA, yet there is nothing on their site. So that's my question. You're showing goose eggs, so do they not report that on their site for consumers? Or is it only a matter of time until there is information on their site? Explain it like you're talking to a 6 year old :)

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
I guess I'm really confused or just too simple to understand (usually the latter). You say a stop sale is initiated by the NHTSA, yet there is nothing on their site. So that's my question. You're showing goose eggs, so do they not report that on their site for consumers? Or is it only a matter of time until there is information on their site? Explain it like you're talking to a 6 year old :)
There seems to be no stop sale on the manual tranny. The post that stated that immediately drew objections as there have been recent reports of manual tranny sales. The screen capture was specifically about the manual tranny Z.

There was a stop sale on the auto a few weeks ago, but it was recinded when a solution was found, and it turned into a recall.

By the time the public and/or dealer hears of it, it's on the site because it's initiated by them.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
There seems to be no stop sale on the manual tranny. The post that stated that immediately drew objections as there have been recent reports of manual tranny sales. The screen capture was specifically about the manual tranny Z.

There was a stop sale on the auto a few weeks ago, but it was recinded when a solution was found, and it turned into a recall.

By the time the public and/or dealer hears of it, it's on the site because it's initiated by them.
I’m referring to the automatic though. Your screenshot shows 0 for the Z. Does that not include the automatic? So if it turned into a recall then why is it not on the site? Just trying to understand how this works.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
If NHTSA shows 0 recalls of any type for the Z, it means the manuf still has control of repairing issues timely, ala via TSB, 'before' becoming actual recalls. Maybe because it's too early in production that this is allowed. That 2nd gear grind is real and could be worsening over time, so maybe Nissan is addressing it early.