RevMatchTV - Is the Z Better Than The 2024 Mustang?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I’m referring to the automatic though. Your screenshot shows 0 for the Z. Does that not include the automatic? So if it turned into a recall then why is it not on the site? Just trying to understand how this works.
Stop Sale would be internal to Nissan and it's dealerships.

Recall would reach out to owners.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Stop Sale would be internal to Nissan and it's dealerships.

Recall would reach out to owners.
But he's saying it's a recall (just speaking of the auto). I thought one of the major things the NHTSA shows is recalls? Clearly I'm not understanding this so I'll go back to working with numbers. That makes more sense to me 😂

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
But he's saying it's a recall (just speaking of the auto). I thought one of the major things the NHTSA shows is recalls? Clearly I'm not understanding this so I'll go back to working with numbers. That makes more sense to me 😂
Yeah I thought I saw a screen grab of stop sale on the 6MT. I think you're right about the 9AT, any that were sold probably have been recalled.

Who knows, it's a freaking disaster, and really telling that the stop sale and or recall reveal just how ridiculously few Z's have been sold.....

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah I thought I saw a screen grab of stop sale on the 6MT. I think you're right about the 9AT, any that were sold probably have been recalled.

Who knows, it's a freaking disaster, and really telling that the stop sale and or recall reveal just how ridiculously few Z's have been sold.....
I thought I saw on another thread the MT stop sale was just a rumor.

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/t...-nissan-recall-stop-sale-campaign.1491/page-2

Probably made up by a Zupra fanboi with access to photoshop. 😂

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
There is still a recall on some Frontiers, in which the Z uses the same tranny. Because there are very few Z automatics, they have presumably been fixed under the recall of this tranny.

Screenshot_20221007-132925_Chrome.jpg

StevyIrwin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
430i
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Yes, in every category that matters to me. Aka I want a Z and I don't want that ugly ass mustang. Same with the Camaro (can't see out of it, and its hideous), Supra (made by BMW and it looks like a blob fish), m240i (German engineering = no for me), and basically all the competitors. I want a japanese made rear wheel drive sports car. I get that I'm likely a minority here (which is weird because this is a Z forum?) but I don't think any of these cars holds a candle to the Z, at least in my opinion.
I think we're mixing up better with desirable.

Objectively the Mustang is better.

Subjectively the Z is more desirable to those with that opinion.

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual

Do we have objective information on the 2024 Mustang yet?

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Do we have objective information on the 2024 Mustang yet?
Nope. Typically manufacturers don’t release new versions that are worse performers than prior. Certainly Ford doesn’t do that with the Stang. So with that in mind, probably safe to assume the S650 will far outperform the Z, objectively. Conversely, living in la la land is still an option, objectively speaking.

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
Nope. Typically manufacturers don’t release new versions that are worse performers than prior. Certainly Ford doesn’t do that with the Stang. So with that in mind, probably safe to assume the S650 will far outperform the Z, objectively. Conversely, living in la la land is still an option, objectively speaking.
Thanks, I didn't think so.

kraftmatic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 BMW M240i xDrive
Occupation
IT Manager

Better is a subjective term bud. Are you making the argument that any car with higher performance numbers is a better car? Better for what situation? Racing? Because that wasn't what the Z is built for. It can be made into that if thats what you so desire. Also a fun part of the Z is its such a great and stable platform to build on.

Oh also I don't need a Fix or Repair Daily Mustang, as I'd never trust their reliability. And I'd argue the quality of the interior or the Z, plus the quality of the driving experience far out does the Mustang. Same with the Camaro LT1 as I mentioned. BMW might be able to compete with it for driving experience, but the version of that car I'd need to get is over 100k if I want a manual. So for the money, the Z is by far and away the best choice in my book.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Oh also I don't need a Fix or Repair Daily Mustang, as I'd never trust their reliability. And I'd argue the quality of the interior or the Z, plus the quality of the driving experience far out does the Mustang. Same with the Camaro LT1 as I mentioned. BMW might be able to compete with it for driving experience, but the version of that car I'd need to get is over 100k if I want a manual. So for the money, the Z is by far and away the best choice in my book.
You obviously have never driven a current gen S550 GT esp with Performance Pack, try it one day. It's a well sorted out buttoned down chassis with excellent Magneride damping and the interior esp with Recaros are top notch. It drives and handles much smaller than what it is. I know, own one and track it too. The new Z won't hold a candle to it, stock for stock!

kraftmatic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 BMW M240i xDrive
Occupation
IT Manager
You obviously have never driven a current gen S550 GT esp with Performance Pack, try it one day. It's a well sorted out buttoned down chassis with excellent Magneride damping and the interior esp with Recaros are top notch. It drives and handles much smaller than what it is. I know, own one and track it too. The new Z won't hold a candle to it, stock for stock!
I have actually. Neighbor got one of those. Although I'd have to look at the spec he got, I'm pretty sure he got the top of the line version. Its just not my thing. But I agree it is definitlely the best Ford I'd driven to date... buuuuuut it just felt like a Ford. A fast one to be sure, but the interior felt cheap as f, and it held zero appeal to me visually from the outside. Its great for someone that wants to go and win some drag races but as a canyon carver/roadtrip machine it was not doing it for me. I got the chance quite recently to spend some time in the new proto and that touched a special part of my soul. It was like driving a big Miata, and with a bit of tlc (suspension/exhaust/intake/wheels) it will be my perfect and probably final ICE vehicle. But I'm not trying to crap on those that love the Mustang, of which there are many (and rightfully so). I'm just a Z guy thru and thru I suppose. Thats cars for you though, to each their own :)