Rattle on drivers door.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
New 2024 Z only a few miles and I have a rattle on door. Slightly rough roads,etc causes a rattling noise close to arm rest. If I push on it, it will almost go away. Sounds like a loose wire behind panel? I can tap on panel and I can hear a rattle from the area. Anyone else heard of this.?

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
I had this on my 2023. It was an easy fix. It was because when I got the windows tinted they didn't thread the door pull cable back through this piece of plastic that keeps it from rattling when going over bumps

OP
OP
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
That's what it sounds like, but no window tinting on my Z. I'm very nervous about dealership pulling door panel off, but rattle is driving me bat crap crazy. Didn't realize they pulled panel off to tint windows.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
That's what it sounds like, but no window tinting on my Z. I'm very nervous about dealership pulling door panel off, but rattle is driving me bat crap crazy. Didn't realize they pulled panel off to tint windows.

Door panel comes off in 2 mins my buddy pulled mine off in my garage. It's a couple bolts then pulls away at the bottom. I bet that cable is loose

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
Post some pics of your new Z! What do you love about her so far and what do you dislike .

OP
OP
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Dislikes- rattle in door, poor backup camera quality, and maybe aggressive downshifting when slowing down.(AT)..
LIKES- just about everything else. They nailed the side and back profile. Still undecided about front.

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
Beautiful color. I totally agree about backup camera.

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nissan Z Performance 6MT and many more...
Occupation
Hospitality Management
Nice color choice. Glad you're enjoying it for the most part. Hope that rattle goes away soon.

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z, GMC2500HD (winter), others
Occupation
retired
Nissan does seem to struggle with the electronics of their vehicles and the backup camera in our new Z's is one good example. This is not unique to the current model Z...it was true of the 370Z as well, and in fact is true of the last 3 Murano Platinums that my wife has had.

Otherwise, yeah...the current Z (and the Murano) are great cars.

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
Nissan does seem to struggle with the electronics of their vehicles and the backup camera in our new Z's is one good example. This is not unique to the current model Z...it was true of the 370Z as well, and in fact is true of the last 3 Murano Platinums that my wife has had.

Otherwise, yeah...the current Z (and the Murano) are great cars.
The camera resolution may be lousy, but at least Nissans don't have the electrical issues a lot of manufacturers seem to have.

OP
OP
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
I do appreciate the look of the interior. The screen isn't an afterthought thrown on top of the dash. It has real control knobs volume and ac. Get my rattle taken care of , and I'll be a very happy man.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
I haven't had a rattle in the door, but I have an issue with the owner's manual sliding around in the rear parcel box when I'm cornering. I need to find something to jam in there to hold it in place.

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z, GMC2500HD (winter), others
Occupation
retired
The camera resolution may be lousy, but at least Nissans don't have the electrical issues a lot of manufacturers seem to have.
I've found Nissan's electronics to be as reliable as any other car mfgr (in that I've never had an actual electronics failure), but it's almost like they go out of their way to create complicated and un-intuitive controls and interfaces. Their cameras' resolution and frame rates are just a part of their apparent struggle for a good human interface.

I acknowledge that preferences and expectations for such interfaces vary from person to person when it comes to these things (Mac vs Windows, iOS vs Android, etc etc). Just my take.