Rattle/Buzz behind Traction control button?

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Probably not i mean if that button pops out I might have them see if they can tighten it. Yesterday I did some back road driving and I actually pushed that soft touch material area surrounding it forward as hard as I could and it went away for the rest of the trip.

Last edited:

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
So my wife (who appears to have better hearing than me) said she noticed a rattle or buzz in the dash when we were driving the other day. I couldn't hear it.

Moral of the story: take care of your ears.

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So my wife (who appears to have better hearing than me) said she noticed a rattle or buzz in the dash when we were driving the other day. I couldn't hear it.

Moral of the story: take care of your ears.

I'm too hyper sensitive. Today it was pouring rain so I took the wife's pathfinder to go get a pizza. When I got back was I was like hey have you noticed that tick tock noise coming from your dash? So I research it for like 10 mins and then I realized it's the sound of the rear wiper turning on and off. For some reason it resonates from the dash lol

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
I'm too hyper sensitive. Today it was pouring rain so I took the wife's pathfinder to go get a pizza. When I got back was I was like hey have you noticed that tick tock noise coming from your dash? So I research it for like 10 mins and then I realized it's the sound of the rear wiper turning on and off. For some reason it resonates from the dash lol
Maybe a relay in the dash. Are relays still a thing in automotive electrical systems?

Rane

First Name
Ranul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z
Alright Iā€™m having the same issue itā€™s driving me nuts! I thought it was the the door bin or the speaker but pressing around wouldnā€™t stop it. Iā€™ll try the traction control button and report back soon - I have a right hand drive car so then itā€™s more likely to be the button than the door if you guys are hearing it too.

Hope they cover this under warranty

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Just pry/pop it off, worse it can happen it'll shut off traction control, that's a good thing!?šŸ˜

Seriously, looks like a common problem. Post up the fix.

JJL

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FG Falcon, XB Hardtop, New Z coming
Having the same issue, anyone had a crack at fixing this themselves?

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I had my oil changed and had them look at it. I asked if the bezel just popped off or if that button just pulled out for an easy fix.

They determined you have to pull the lower dash out under the steering wheel to access it. I decided I didn't want them messing with it that day as I didn't feel like sitting at the dealer any longer.

Dealer wanted me to drop it off and leave it one day.
1000001986.jpg

JJL

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for that @MCN1SMO! I won't go prying on the button surround. Hopefully I'll get it addressed next service

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ok so I figured out a temporary fix. It's not optimal for a new 50k plus car but I went to Lowe's and bought some window sealer foam strips. I cut a small piece and double stacked it putting it on the edge of dash area best the traction button . When the door is shut it compresses the foam and the buzzing sound is gone.

It's not great to have foam there but you can really only see it when the door is open. You might have to play around with positioning to get the right
1000002061.png
PXL_20240301_010025321.MP.png
PXL_20240301_010233999.png

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm wondering if I can pop that air vent off and stick the foam on the inside of the dash right there for a more permanent cleaner fix??

JJL

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So seems like it could be that section of the dash and not the button itself that has some sort of rattle. I'll let you know if I come up with something as well. Thanks for sharing the temp fix

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah I thought it was just the button but I randomly stuck my fingers between the door and dash while driving and it went away which gave me the idea to stick foam there and sure enough it worked

Last edited:
OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
With the door closed you can't really see the foam