LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
so I've been on and off about this car and early this year ordered a Miata Club at MSRP (~32k). I wanted a convertible anyway...
When did you put in your order? Did you get it yet? If not, do you have an ETA?

Just wondering cuz I put in an order (request) for a Miata Club back in March, but I still don't have a solid ETA. I may end up cancelling the order since I now have an NA Miata and my Cybertruck delivery will finally be coming in the next year-and-half or so... (PLEASE GOD, I HOPE SO)

Vilithrax

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C8
Well sad to see it. I’d rather have a 370z NISMO at this point.

Imma test out a Supra. Seems that’s the go-to tuner car rn that isnt a boat

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's all bueno! I don't want to see the Z fail. Hopefully, nobody here does.
Yeah, I sure as hell won't be paying $50k+ for the new Z, but I certainly hope that it sells tremendously well and that there are a ton of reasonably-priced used ones on the market in the coming years after production recovers from the pandemic. I could easily see myself picking up a used one down the road.

kittens

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none atm
When did you put in your order? Did you get it yet? If not, do you have an ETA?

Just wondering cuz I put in an order (request) for a Miata Club back in March, but I still don't have a solid ETA. I may end up cancelling the order since I now have an NA Miata and my Cybertruck delivery will finally be coming in the next year-and-half or so... (PLEASE GOD, I HOPE SO)
I put my order in mid February. Did you get your VIN?

once I received the VIN, and the car was actually built, I can track it using this link

https://www.mazdausa.com/shopping-tools/inventory/new/2022-mazda-mx-5-miata?vin=VIN_GOES_HERE (replace end part)

mine says arrival to dealer at May 30th and I assume they have to PDI it, or maybe the ship is delayed or something (I hope not)

I had been looking for NC's forever but for a NC2 or 3 everyone wants 20-25k lol

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I put my order in mid February. Did you get your VIN?

once I received the VIN, and the car was actually built, I can track it using this link

https://www.mazdausa.com/shopping-tools/inventory/new/2022-mazda-mx-5-miata?vin=VIN_GOES_HERE (replace end part)

mine says arrival to dealer at May 30th and I assume they have to PDI it, or maybe the ship is delayed or something (I hope not)

I had been looking for NC's forever but for a NC2 or 3 everyone wants 20-25k lol
I didn't get a VIN, as it was just the initial build-to-order request. I didn't give them any money, nor did they ask for it. The $500 required deposit would have been after the Mazda plant would confirm that they'd start building it.

Well, congrats on the soon-to-be-delivered new Miata!

I get such a kick out of interacting with other Miata drivers (and even people who are just fans of it) on the road. It happens almost every time I'm out with it. Yesterday I pulled alongside another NA Miata and we gave each other the nod, like 'yeaaahh'. Hilarious. I love it.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Yeah, I sure as hell won't be paying $50k+ for the new Z, but I certainly hope that it sells tremendously well and that there are a ton of reasonably-priced used ones on the market in the coming years after production recovers from the pandemic. I could easily see myself picking up a used one down the road.
I'm on the same boat. I'm sitting this one out for now. No way I'm paying that. Going with GR86 or maybe something else for now. I'll explore this again down the road.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
I'm on the same boat. I'm sitting this one out for now. No way I'm paying that. Going with GR86 or maybe something else for now. I'll explore this again down the road.
I'm going to keep rolling with my 2017 Z for the foreseeable future, it seems. Perhaps, when the dust finally settles, Nissan will even have expanded the range and restructured the pricing. I could probably be talked into a "Track Pack" with the LSD, Akebonos, 19" alloys, and the upgraded exhaust for like $43-44K.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
No, the C8 has remained exceptionally stable in its first few years, and it only increased marginally from the C7:

2019 Corvette Stingray - $56,590
2020 Corvette - $59,995

So, that's what, a 6% increase for moving to an entirely new platform and layout? That was actually extremely impressive.
Yeah, just TRY to find a base Vette at $59k...

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I'm going to keep rolling with my 2017 Z for the foreseeable future, it seems. Perhaps, when the dust finally settles, Nissan will even have expanded the range and restructured the pricing. I could probably be talked into a "Track Pack" with the LSD, Akebonos, 19" alloys, and the upgraded exhaust for like $43-44K.
You mean an actual "Sport" model? lol

I'm back in line for a C8 Z-51 w/ 2LT

Yeah, just TRY to find a base Vette at $59k...
It's possible......if you buy from a national dealer and are willing to wait 2-3 3-4 years.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
man i dont even want to believe the guy who had is hand in the R32-33 had a hand in this lol

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
if i am going to buy this thing now i have to explain to my chick why the nissian is 50k and does look like im driving a GTR.... plus i swear to god if she beats me in her modified Audi S5 ill never here the end of it
Because at least in Canada a brand new 2021 GT-R starts at $130,498. That's why it will look like you're not driving one.