TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, 18' Accord 1.5T Sport
Occupation
Finance Professional
Damn...now I'm going to wait even longer for the Nismo...I was hoping Nissan would surprise everyone with the lineup come August; Base, Sport, & Nismo all on display.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Reaction score
Car(s)
73 240Z RB26DETT
Occupation
Software security
Two things I'm liking here, March 2022 reveal, full specs I hope, and the GT4 campaign, certainly will trickle down to the Nismo, suspension setup, tires, power, etc. I hope Best Car Web is accurate enough on these details.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Anyone notice that article is saying the base Z will get 300 hp and the Nismo 400?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Reaction score
Car(s)
73 240Z RB26DETT
Occupation
Software security
Is it only me seeing the R36 rear styling is all Camaro? The Nismo Z, on the other hand, is smooth and uncluttered, love it.

With all this speculation so far, not sure if I'll wait for the Nismo price/performance wise. Maybe better to start with Sport and add some useful factory options like Recaros, BBK, aero bits?

Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Audi TT RS
Will anyone be holding off from making a purchase until we see the Nismo version?
I'll be waiting until early 2023 to make a decision. By then, all the questions should be answered, and MAYBE the dealer mark-ups will be gone.

Definitely want to see what the NISMO will be about, and not interested in another cliche red and grey trim package. Really liked the first gen 370Z NISMO body kit, especially the nose.

Aesthetically, a longer nose - an homage to the original G Nose, a nice ducktail (as opposed to a wing), and some bigger wheels and tires.

Would really like to see a significant HP increase - 500 HP - and a DCT would be nice. AWD would be amazing, but I'm not holding out.

The January Tokyo Show can't come soon enough!

Last edited:

DrivingEnthusiast

Reaction score
Car(s)
Focus RS, S2000, Stillen 'charged G37S, Boss 302
We'd better hope this isn't true.. the 300HP engine is a very weak engine - all that tech, 2 turbos and 3 liters of displacement - and it only maes 300 HP? And such weak torque? We better hope not!
(by comparison, a good turbo 4 cylinder would be a better choice for a base car, and a more engaging drive than the 300 HP 6... but neither Infiniti or Nissan has one for longitudinal platforms.)
Nope, we need 400 HP in the base engine. And better torque than the 350 it makes now... which I think its the case because of the weak torque limits of the existing 7-speed auto.

So lets hope for 400 HP in the Z... and even more from the Nismo. And I am hoping that we'll see some movement in the Q50/60 soon... that's how to spread costs fully and those 2 cars desperately need an update.
And let's hope that steer-by-wire is cancelled across the board.

DatChief

First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Occupation
Active Duty
Totally agree.
IMHO, for Nissan to sell a 300hp version of new Z is a mistake in product positioning.
It will drag down the image of new Z.
I agree to a point with you. 300 hp is definitely too little but staying under 400 would not be a bad call for nissan. Starting at 350 (which will match the outgoing 370) giving the sport around 400, and the nismo closer to 450-475 would be a good enough split to justify the extra money spent on the extra horsepower, but I doubt they want to push the engine to the limit from the start. Not to mention improved suspension, tires, brakes, and aero bits hopefully to help solidify the difference in price

trackratZ

First Name
August
Reaction score
Car(s)
73 240Z RB26DETT
Occupation
Software security
I agree to a point with you. 300 hp is definitely too little but staying under 400 would not be a bad call for nissan. Starting at 350 (which will match the outgoing 370) giving the sport around 400, and the nismo closer to 450-475 would be a good enough split to justify the extra money spent on the extra horsepower, but I doubt they want to push the engine to the limit from the start. Not to mention improved suspension, tires, brakes, and aero bits hopefully to help solidify the difference in price
Good point, base model power should at least be the same as the outgoing model, not any less. This will keep price points low enough under $40K, not to mention insurance premiums. Base model with 400hp will be tough to crack at $35K nowadays, but I won't complain.

Sport and up should only have the 400hp version or more. Will see what comes out of ZCON in Colorado.

First Name
Nate
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 Mazda Rx8
Occupation
Service Advisor Nissan