First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I agree to a point with you. 300 hp is definitely too little but staying under 400 would not be a bad call for nissan. Starting at 350 (which will match the outgoing 370) giving the sport around 400, and the nismo closer to 450-475 would be a good enough split to justify the extra money spent on the extra horsepower, but I doubt they want to push the engine to the limit from the start. Not to mention improved suspension, tires, brakes, and aero bits hopefully to help solidify the difference in price
Good point, base model power should at least be the same as the outgoing model, not any less. This will keep price points low enough under $40K, not to mention insurance premiums. Base model with 400hp will be tough to crack at $35K nowadays, but I won't complain.

Sport and up should only have the 400hp version or more. Will see what comes out of ZCON in Colorado.

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 Mazda Rx8
Occupation
Service Advisor Nissan

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Would looove a factory-offered duckbill spoiler like that, too, but I'm sure the aftermarket scene will be all over it in no time.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Maybe because I grow up idolizing 90s sport cars but I like me some big wings! :D

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
another rendering

modified-nissan-z-400z-04-jpg.jpg
.....I must say, even with not being a fan of the slammed look, good lord, the accents and mods make this look badass.

Could you change to bronze wheels :) I think this is def my new wallpaper.

GREAT JOB!!

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Would looove a factory-offered duckbill spoiler like that, too, but I'm sure the aftermarket scene will be all over it in no time.
Don't you worry sir; the big 370z aftermarket companies will create them. Fly1, Stillen, EVO-R, etc.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Wow if this is true I'll hold out for the Nismo. I have a 5.0 and a g37x I chose the mustang over a 370 because I had the same engine in my Infiniti.

I remember reports from months back mentioning awd and referring to the Nismo Z as a baby skyline. It makes total sense too with the car being built on the q50/q60 platform. The camo cars look larger and maybe the car in Arizona with the huge wheel gap is an awd car? Who knows, but I also have a thing for awd cars. With the mustang already in my garage, I'd prefer an awd Z. Even more excited for the new Z now. It might come down to either a Z or gr86 for me in a few years, but if the Nismo is awd I may have to pony up.
I don't see awd happening, not even in the Nismo. The fact that the new Z is even happening is a miracle - and I highly doubt Nissan will front the cash to develop an awd version. Awd also doesn't make sense for the Z in my opinion as it was always intended on being rwd, short wheelbase, etc. No one knows the future however.

As to the ride height on the test cars, I just think that's what Nissan believes would be most practical for most people.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Nah, there is no need for an AWD Z, that's territory for the R35/R36. Keeping true to RWD roots, I do hope the suspension is more tuneable than the 370Z, and don't mind various susp settings included - Sport, Track, etc. Ride height, ala Model S Cheetah mode? Too much to ask LOL

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
I don't see awd happening, not even in the Nismo. The fact that the new Z is even happening is a miracle - and I highly doubt Nissan will front the cash to develop an awd version. Awd also doesn't make sense for the Z in my opinion as it was always intended on being rwd, short wheelbase, etc. No one knows the future however.

As to the ride height on the test cars, I just think that's what Nissan believes would be most practical for most people.
The car is on the same platform as the q50 and q60. The Titan and Frontier have a 9 speed and it's possible an updated or redesigned q50/q60 will get that as well and offer the cars with awd like they always have. A shorter final drive and suspension upgrades would make it right. It makes sense imho no other awd cars that are 2 seaters and under $60k. It's something the Supra doesn't offer and you can only get a manual and possibly awd in the Z. It wouldn't surprise me since the Z is being built on a FM once again.

I'd like to see it happen because a new GTR is unattainable for most of us and I think an awd Nismo would do well in sales and performance. We shall see. I'd love two rwd and an awd model for this car.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
The car is on the same platform as the q50 and q60. The Titan and Frontier have a 9 speed and it's possible an updated or redesigned q50/q60 will get that as well and offer the cars with awd like they always have. A shorter final drive and suspension upgrades would make it right. It makes sense imho no other awd cars that are 2 seaters and under $60k. It's something the Supra doesn't offer and you can only get a manual and possibly awd in the Z. It wouldn't surprise me since the Z is being built on a FM once again.

I'd like to see it happen because a new GTR is unattainable for most of us and I think an awd Nismo would do well in sales and performance. We shall see. I'd love two rwd and an awd model for this car.
The "Skyline" as it is called in Japan, which is our Q50 and Q60 here in the states, is not receiving a next generation sedan or coupe, according to Nissan Japan. They are letting those (Q50/Q60) languish. I think that does not bode well for the Q60 in USA. Maybe we'll get the 9AT??

Nissan never, ever teased AWD on the FM Z's. I would be shocked if Nissan offered the Z35 in AWD.
As it is, I plan on replacing my AWD Q60 with a Z35, and I am somewhat torn on that because the Nissan AWD is far better than our Subarus we have owned, and I worry that 400hp+ in a 2 seater RWD coupe in WA State would be a handful 50% of the year due to our weather.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Nissan never, ever teased AWD on the FM Z's. I would be shocked if Nissan offered the Z35 in AWD.
As it is, I plan on replacing my AWD Q60 with a Z35, and I am somewhat torn on that because the Nissan AWD is far better than our Subarus we have owned, and I worry that 400hp+ in a 2 seater RWD coupe in WA State would be a handful 50% of the year due to our weather.
I'd rather NOT have the Z35 to be awd. When I tracked my STi years ago it was faultless handling wise, point and shoot car with mild understeer. But it was never as fun as a rwd platform. Now with the Z35 coming in at 400hp, lots of grins to be expected. More finesse perfecting corners and exits, drifts. Really looking forward to that, but only if the chassis can handle the power. Weight should not be an issue.

Leave the awd with the R35/36 if that lasts in years ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.