First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
Interesting... I agree with @trackratZ, this kind of needs to be something with significant performance enhancements or it's quite the waste.

Also, isn't this just a *little* early to drop the NISMO variant? I read in the other Z forum that this is actually just the finished version of the Z race car and not necessarily an indication that a production version of the NISMO is imminent.

Who knows!

1664199492256.png

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Hot dog! People haven’t even been able to get their hands on the regular Z. So another 3 years or so until we see the Nismo on the streets? I’m sure Dan Passe will provide us with some stellar insider info like he has in the past haha.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
Yeah, we can probably just roll this in with the other thread from last night. They're all over it - this is the GT4 car.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
All the people saying I’m waiting for the nismo won’t even buy it. They complained about the price of the Z, now the nismo will be easily 10k more then then the performance model.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
All the people saying I’m waiting for the nismo won’t even buy it. They complained about the price of the Z, now the nismo will be easily 10k more then then the performance model.
You're almost certainly correct, assuming that the potential NISMO buyers are the same folks who were put off by the new Z's general pricing. It's possible, though, that the NISMO is for a different kind of buyer - someone who might otherwise be considering a Cayman or a Corvette, for instance.

But, yeah, to justify what will undoubtedly be a price in excess of $60K for a Nissan Z (just think about that), it had better be a very special vehicle.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
it had better be a very special vehicle.
This is the biggest issue for me. Not sure I see it happening. I'd still be in at $60k if it coincided with my definition of what a very special car is. Once the official pricing was released I realized it'll likely have a MSRP of at least $60k even if they simply mail it in. Some assumptions here but I just can't personally justify that. I'd just as soon spend another $20k and get something else that checks every box.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
This is the biggest issue for me. Not sure I see it happening. I'd still be in at $60k if it coincided with my definition of what a very special car is. Once the official pricing was released I realized it'll likely have a MSRP of at least $60k even if they simply mail it in. Some assumptions here but I just can't personally justify that. I'd just as soon spend another $20k and get something else that checks every box.
It concerns me too. If Nissan phones this one in, I fear it will damage the Z brand. Especially at that price point.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I wished it was only 10k more lol

The Nismo will be a road legal GT4.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I'm willing to bet it'll be closer to 70k MSRP.
That would be...insane? It better be turnkey ready to go hang with C8 Z51's, M2's, etc on the track at that price point, and I cannot imagine Nissan could do enough to the chassis to make that a reality.

I would love to be wrong here, however, I just...don't know if it'll happen.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
That would be...insane? It better be turnkey ready to go hang with C8 Z51's, M2's, etc on the track at that price point, and I cannot imagine Nissan could do enough to the chassis to make that a reality.

I would love to be wrong here, however, I just...don't know if it'll happen.
It's going to be very....raw and spartan

Status
Not open for further replies.