Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I'm shocked the Qs didn't receive the 9AT, the damned old Frontier did!

I didn't see any announcements, but it wouldn't surprise me if both Qs are killed at the same time. Seeing as how the new Z didn't get a new chassis, but did receive a competitive engine, and the Qs have had a competitive engine and are unlikely to get a new chassis either, they're both dead.
9AT won't fix what's wrong with the Qs, unless Nissan can figure out a way to knock $8k off across the board.
The "Skyline" name will never die in Japan and the 400R is selling like hotcakes, Japan got the VR30 about 4 years late. Q60 is NA only.

The Q50 is doing OK here thanks to the competitive leases on them, Q60.....not so much.

We'll get a "deep refresh" of the Q50 ala Z.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Boost delivery and 9at shift speed on medium throttle input is def nicely welcome. Big question is going to be how the downshifts and lower speed manual shifting is. in D mode the car seems to shift smoothly and quickly in low rpms, but should be interesting to see how quickly the car shifts down the gears when you plant the throttle in higher gears

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Boost delivery and 9at shift speed on medium throttle input is def nicely welcome. Big question is going to be how the downshifts and lower speed manual shifting is. in D mode the car seems to shift smoothly and quickly in low rpms, but should be interesting to see how quickly the car shifts down the gears when you plant the throttle in higher gears
Can't be any worse than the 7AT!

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Does the fact that there is no active exhaust/sport mode on the Manual Performance not bother any one else?
Nope. I would never use the active exhaust so it's really just a waste. Shit would ALWAYS stay open. Not sure if the 9AT sport mode or whatever it's called does things like alter shift points and whatnot but that's not needed on a manual where you can alter shift points by shifting earlier or later.

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
I think the issue is that without the active exhaust the manual performance is going to be quieter/restricted, going off videos/reports.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
Nope. I would never use the active exhaust so it's really just a waste. Shit would ALWAYS stay open. Not sure if the 9AT sport mode or whatever it's called does things like alter shift points and whatnot but that's not needed on a manual where you can alter shift points by shifting earlier or later.
I think I completely agree with you. I would keep it OPEN all the time too. However, my real question (and what I was trying to get at) was around the fear that the manual sport exhaust is permanently "closed". Anyone have any info on this? My last 370Z I had the Invidia Gemini and now I've been looking at the Armytrix with the dual mode. Seems like this one is going to need an after market. Having said that...the 9AT exhaust in sport mode sounded good.

Numbersguy

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37
Occupation
IT
Definitely digging the way it sounds as well and seems to be a performer from the looks of it. :cool:
The exhaust does sound very good. Glad they didn't go with the cracks of the Supra exhaust as that sound never appealed to me.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
Seems like it will be on par if not better than the zf8. Test will tell in the end which has better performance.
I really hope it is. I didnt hear any shift crackles like most other fast shifting autos (none DCT) so it has me wondering...

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
The active exhaust is controlled by Sport mode on the 9AT. No modes on the 6MT so no active exhaust. There are other methods they could have used so that both transmission options could have it, like based on RPM, but they chose not to.
Why not just leave them open? Someone buying this car would want them to be open. Like me!

The manual is noticeably quieter and has a slightly different axle back exhaust based on leaked pictures. Listen to the video below. The Nissan corp guy even talks about the active exhaust being able to stay open all the time in the automatic and the manual not having a 'Sport mode'.

Big sad. Aftermarket here I come...🙃

jose3030

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 Acura Legend 6sp Coupe
Wow, will I actually end up getting the Automatic then, for the exhaust note tunes???

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
"We" don't want it too loud. :)
Many sports cars can be obnoxiously loud, which is a pain in the backside for the entire street when, for example, someone goes to work in it early in the morning. Some are even made to fake the noise louder because it encourages fools believe the car is more powerful than a quieter car.