Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
The exhaust is beautiful.

The 9AT is better than the outgoing 7AT based on this video alone, I can't wait for the Q50 to get it - it could've saved the Q60......if they didn't already kill it.

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
So am I reading this right? If you get the AT in performance trim you get a trick dual mode exhaust, but if you get the Manual in a performance trim you get a quiet Toyota Prius type exhaust? If so, that lame.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
So am I reading this right? If you get the AT in performance trim you get a trick dual mode exhaust, but if you get the Manual in a performance trim you get a quiet Toyota Prius type exhaust? If so, that lame.
Essentially yes, however this can be fixed by simply getting an aftermarket exhaust that would sound better than the 9AT and offer better performance anyways.

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
Anything can be fixed with $$, just frustrating to get a performance oriented car from factory like this...

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Essentially yes, however this can be fixed by simply getting an aftermarket exhaust that would sound better than the 9AT and offer better performance anyways.
I hope Billy Boat does a unit. I added one on my Z32 and it gives off sweet Porsche sounds.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
The manual is noticeably quieter and has a slightly different axle back exhaust based on leaked pictures. Listen to the video below. The Nissan corp guy even talks about the active exhaust being able to stay open all the time in the automatic and the manual not having a 'Sport mode'.

Does the fact that there is no active exhaust/sport mode on the Manual Performance not bother any one else? I do not understand the rationale unless Nissan thinks the kind of person who buys an AT is never going to mod their car and that the kind of person who buys a manual will always mod their car and therefore they didn't include an active exhaust???

If that's indeed the case Nissan I'm happy to take a rebate on the MRSP for not including the perks of the AT.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
Anything can be fixed with $$, just frustrating to get a performance oriented car from factory like this...
Exactly and yes. $$$ can solve anything. That's not the point you're making though is it...Just include the active exhaust (however you need to calibrate it...Geeze Armytrik has figured it out so can't you Nissan?) and stop despecc'ing the manual like that.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
I hope Billy Boat does a unit. I added one on my Z32 and it gives off sweet Porsche sounds.
Exactly and yes. $$$ can solve anything. That's not the point you're making though is it...Just include the active exhaust (however you need to calibrate it...Geeze Armytrik has figured it out so can't you Nissan?) and stop despecc'ing the manual like that.
Well to be fair the manual comes with SynchroRev Match and from my understanding based on these recent videos the button placement where they have SynchroRev Match on the 6MT is where the Sport mode button is on the 9AT. So maybe that's why? I can tell you on the 7AT 370Zs the SynchroRev Match button is just replaced with a fake button. Maybe Nissan felt the need to give 9AT something there this time instead. Idk really.

But as far as aftermarket exhausts go I wouldn't be surprised if current 370Z/Q60 exhausts bolt right onto the new Z. If that's the case Fast Intentions, ARK performance, Stillen, and HKS already have some of the best exhausts for the platform.

Reactions: FBD

Dentist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370Z
Occupation
Dentist
Sounds pretty good. Definitely seems to have the performance down. Hopefully the same can be said for the traction. Hate to have all that power and not be able to get it to the ground.
Definitely digging the way it sounds as well and seems to be a performer from the looks of it. :cool:

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
kinda sucks but w/e my stick maro comes with rev matching and like 4 different driving modes which let be honest im alway in track or sport never normal lol, i wonder why they opted only for auto

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I'm willing to bet that 2023 is the last MY for the Q60, sales and the Z will basically "replace" it.

I'm also willing to bet that the Q50 is getting an extensive refresh, soon.
I'm shocked the Qs didn't receive the 9AT, the damned old Frontier did!

I didn't see any announcements, but it wouldn't surprise me if both Qs are killed at the same time. Seeing as how the new Z didn't get a new chassis, but did receive a competitive engine, and the Qs have had a competitive engine and are unlikely to get a new chassis either, they're both dead.
9AT won't fix what's wrong with the Qs, unless Nissan can figure out a way to knock $8k off across the board.

Longhorn2020

First Name
Jase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z
Occupation
Computer engineering
I'm willing to bet that 2023 is the last MY for the Q60, sales and the Z will basically "replace" it.

I'm also willing to bet that the Q50 is getting an extensive refresh, soon.
They sale quite a few awd Q60's, so if they do phase it out it out hopefully the rumors of the Nismo being awd are true.

Last edited: