FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
I completely don't understand why the 9AT has the open valve exhaust and the manual doesn't see to? Thoughts?

Did you get any footage of the Bolder Grey exhaust note? Just curious as to a comparison...

Last edited:

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I completely don't understand why the 9AT has the open valve exhaust and the manual doesn't see to? Thoughts?

Did you get any footage of the Bolder Grey exhaust note? Just curious as to a comparison...
The active exhaust is controlled by Sport mode on the 9AT. No modes on the 6MT so no active exhaust. There are other methods they could have used so that both transmission options could have it, like based on RPM, but they chose not to.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Any thoughts on how quick the response is from those paddles? Kinda hard to tell

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
The active exhaust is controlled by Sport mode on the 9AT. No modes on the 6MT so no active exhaust. There are other methods they could have used so that both transmission options could have it, like based on RPM, but they chose not to.
Hey thanks for that. Is it the same exhaust on the performance trim? And if so is there any chance on the manual that the valves are left "open"? (Doesn't sound like it but...)

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
The shifting is definitely hella smooth and quick. Man we’re still waiting for more information 😔

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
More stuff I must ponder lol

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Hey thanks for that. Is it the same exhaust on the performance trim? And if so is there any chance on the manual that the valves are left "open"? (Doesn't sound like it but...)
The manual is noticeably quieter and has a slightly different axle back exhaust based on leaked pictures. Listen to the video below. The Nissan corp guy even talks about the active exhaust being able to stay open all the time in the automatic and the manual not having a 'Sport mode'.