SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
Bring it to your dealership ASAP

Was meaning to add my comment to the respective thread; but i brought mine in for first service on June 2nd.

Long story short, at first they were reluctant to do anything about the hood paint damage and the headlight paint damage - stating they didn't have a buletin/recall notice for it. After some discussion, them seeing the car - it was clear.

Hood was misaligned - they fixed it in like 10m (i run my finger and it's 100% flush on both sides, for me, it was the driver side which was raised more)
Headlight was also misaligned and took about 2/3 hours (had to remove whole front end) to do re-align and ensure it wont rub. They did not put the foam thingy, they didn't have and realized it was a band-aid fix

And in the end it was all invoiced under warranty.
They basically looped around the system and the GM is sending direct communication of my visit to Nissan Canada HQ.

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon
Bring it to your dealership ASAP

Was meaning to add my comment to the respective thread; but i brought mine in for first service on June 2nd.

Long story short, at first they were reluctant to do anything about the hood paint damage and the headlight paint damage - stating they didn't have a buletin/recall notice for it. After some discussion, them seeing the car - it was clear.

Hood was misaligned - they fixed it in like 10m (i run my finger and it's 100% flush on both sides, for me, it was the driver side which was raised more)
Headlight was also misaligned and took about 2/3 hours (had to remove whole front end) to do re-align and ensure it wont rub. They did not put the foam thingy, they didn't have and realized it was a band-aid fix

And in the end it was all invoiced under warranty.
They basically looped around the system and the GM is sending direct communication of my visit to Nissan Canada HQ.
Wow… good to see the dealer took the issue seriously and fixed it under warranty. Not so good Nissan is letting this happen at the factory to begin with.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Ive only opened my hood once and so far no marks. Build date of 12/22. I will say I opened it very slowly watching for scrapes because I had seen this thread previously lol.

Vintage

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rubicon
Ive only opened my hood once and so far no marks. Build date of 12/22. I will say I opened it very slowly watching for scrapes because I had seen this thread previously lol.
Ditto on mine opened slowly and a 12/22 date. Mine isn't scraping but is extremely close. I can barely put a piece of paper between hood and fender. I'm definitely mentioning it when I go in for first service. Hopefully a bulletin out by then.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
got an unfortunate update on mine. I was at the race today and my car sat out in the 85 degree heat all day. I had a rep from NISMO come over and I wanted him to sign my car. I opened the hood and I guess through some sort of heat expansion it rubbed the worst ive ever seen it taking the paint right back off where I fixed it. the NISMO rep looked at it and said thank you for bringing this to my attention. kind of bad timing to have it happen. got home and retouched everything up all over again

I had a fellow Z owner there Chris who runs ZCCA and he looked at it after it happened. his opinion is it isnt the hood but that A pillar extensions or whatever we want to call them sit up to high. im kind of thinking he might be on to something

Last edited:

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
got an unfortunate update on mine. I was at the race today and my car sat out in the 85 degree heat all day. I had a rep from NISMO come over and I wanted him to sign my car. I opened the hood and I guess through some sort of heat expansion it rubbed the worst ive ever seen it taking the paint right back off where I fixed it. the NISMO rep looked at it and said thank you for bringing this to my attention. kind of bad timing to have it happen. got home and retouched everything up all over again

I had a fellow Z owner there Chris who runs ZCCA and he looked at it after it happened. his opinion is it isnt the hood but that A pillar extensions or whatever we want to call them sit up to high. im kind of thinking he might be on to something
I think when my car ever comes in I will PPF the hood and the a pillar extension.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think when my car ever comes in I will PPF the hood and the a pillar extension.
I'm getting PPF on Monday and I was thinking about doing that area where it rubs but then I thought it might make it worse by making it thicker so less clearance. I'm getting the hood bumper and half fenders done but might have them look at the pillar area and decide then

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite

An unfortunate data point that it could be heat related.

Last edited:

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
Not a Proto but this one also has paint issues

Fy216GyagAAgmZw?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I wish but no it was just posted on twitter by some random person

I think it's pretty widespread and I think even the people that havent had it happen just havent opened the hood yet either after it's hot or maybe just putting a hair more tension on one side than the other ect. I can go out to the garage right now and open it 10 times and I bet it fine. Then under different conditions it takes all the paint off . So like Thanos said it's probably "inevitable"

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
I think it's pretty widespread and I think even the people that havent had it happen just havent opened the hood yet either after it's hot or maybe just putting a hair more tension on one side than the other ect. I can go out to the garage right now and open it 10 times and I bet it fine. Then under different conditions it takes all the paint off . So like Thanos said it's probably "inevitable"
I think this may be true unfortunately. It was hot yesterday and I decided to check mine out again. I started to open the hood slowly with 2 people helping me keep an eye out and sure enough it was starting to rub before half way open.

Even more weird and I didn't notice it before but my hood isn't flush on both sides. The right side is up higher and you can feel it if you run your hand across the gap to fender. I think its just the little rubber hood stop that I can adjust but how the fuck is that messed up haha! So strange the left side is perfectly flush.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Interesting to know if the build dates are all the same.Still think if you ppf the hood and that small part the problem will be solved.It would take forever for it to rub through the ppf.