Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
You have the patience of a saint...
It's a fine line between enjoying life and not being trampled on by large corporations.
😂😬

RZ34 Shop

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z , 2017 Audi R8, 2020 Supra
Occupation
Sales and Marketing at RZ34 Shop
noticed it on mine today.. brand new

7DE7FC36-12F2-4CD8-BE87-77BF1A872FF8.jpeg

98EADAF0-75CF-4A80-B545-B2CA5C1251A4.jpeg

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
I noticed today that my hood wasn't properly closed. It seems to latch at two points (driver and passenger side), and I think only the passenger side was properly latched. Not sure if this might be related to the paint chipping issue, but it's something to check. I've been driving like this since Monday, I think. User error. It's closed properly now.

Mulesy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Mitsubishi Triton
22 dec build here, I've also got the same issue on mine.

I let the service department know at my 1000km check-up. They tested it for a while and noticed that the bonnet/hood position moves around a lot and catches as a result. They tried to realign it the best they could during that service, but advised that I book it in with them another day to continue investigation and fix it completely. Obviously covered under warranty. Its the first Z they've serviced here so they haven't seen the issue in person till now.

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon
22 dec build here, I've also got the same issue on mine.

I let the service department know at my 1000km check-up. They tested it for a while and noticed that the bonnet/hood position moves around a lot and catches as a result. They tried to realign it the best they could during that service, but advised that I book it in with them another day to continue investigation and fix it completely. Obviously covered under warranty. Its the first Z they've serviced here so they haven't seen the issue in person till now.
Glad to hear they acknowledge the issue and want to continue pursuing it. Keep us updated.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Got a weird update on mine. So as you know after reading this thread a few weeks back I went out and tried to open mine and noticed the left hand side had some paint missing and while opening it I may have even taken paint off the right side as I didn't notice it before and hood really seemed to pinch on the side as it opened. I posted the pics ect.

Ive opened my hood once a day after all that just to see and it hasn't done it since that one day I posted about it. I've even opened my hood fast and it hasn't done it. Not sure how to explain why
Now I'm sure in a couple weeks I will come on here and say I was getting an oil change and the tech opened my hood and took the paint off again lol.

But I swear for right now I'm having a hard to recreating it. It's almost like that one time it really touched and messed the paint up it repositioned itself???

Has anyone that has this happen also had it sort of go away and the hood opens correctly after it made the marks

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Got a weird update on mine. So as you know after reading this thread a few weeks back I went out and tried to open mine and noticed the left hand side had some paint missing and while opening it I may have even taken paint off the right side as I didn't notice it before and hood really seemed to pinch on the side as it opened. I posted the pics ect.

Ive opened my hood once a day after all that just to see and it hasn't done it since that one day I posted about it. I've even opened my hood fast and it hasn't done it. Not sure how to explain why
Now I'm sure in a couple weeks I will come on here and say I was getting an oil change and the tech opened my hood and took the paint off again lol.

But I swear for right now I'm having a hard to recreating it. It's almost like that one time it really touched and messed the paint up it repositioned itself???

Has anyone that has this happen also had it sort of go away and the hood opens correctly after it made the marks
Could it be temperature related?

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Could it be temperature related?

That's a really good point as it was hot when it rubbed . I kind of thought of that before I made this post

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's a really good point as it was hot when it rubbed . I kind of thought of that before I made this post
I haven't seen the issue, and other than the initial drive across the desert (over 100F) it's pretty much been in the 60s here.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Though it's hard to think that in the range of temperatures where humans are comfortable that we'd see that much expansion.

Last edited: