Are you getting manual or automatic?

• Manual

• Automatic

Results are only viewable after voting.

240SX

Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
I believe the break down for the 370Z was about 50/50. What are you guys getting and why?

autovsman.jpg

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
I am on the fence, really hyped and thinking seriously about the manual, is there anything better that working your own gears in a car
like this? I work from home so no traffic commuting concerns, both my 300ZX’s were manuals, but I am older now plus alot more tech is onboard. YTuber savage geese just did a vid on this topic and he mentions how much better today’s auto’s are etc.

smhoward

First Name
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm going for the manual. I would like to experience actually driving my car before everything will just do it for you.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Here's hoping they at least fix the CSC etc. clutch weaknesses that are all over the 370 forums...

ceric

Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Just read an article. Stick shift is an anti-theft device... :)

Seriously, to me, it is about fun in driving, not about straight line performance.
Being cheaper and lighter than AT is a plus.

SS727Z

Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Just read an article. Stick shift is an anti-theft device... :)

Seriously, to me, it is about fun in driving, not about straight line performance.
Being cheaper and lighter than AT is a plus.
That’s a good point, if they make the auto an expensive option I’ll probably go manual. But I’m still undecided.

Subarashi

Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Camry, Q60 RWD
I'm honestly wondering if it's possible to fit the AT into the infiniti Q's

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, 18' Accord 1.5T Sport
Occupation
Finance Professional
Manual all the way. My 370z was my first manual car and it was a blast. I test drove the 7speed before buying my z sight unseen, and it just didn't feel engaging enough but rather muted and bland. The 350z sounded/felt rawer in AT versus the 370z. I see the appeal of the auto, as its so much easier to drive in traffic/fast, but just not for me as a sports car. Thats why I got the S4; Auto, stupid fast, and easy to drive and amazing fuel econ on trips.
But I refuse to get another manual car aside from the Z (unless its a porsche GT3/4 or F80/G80 M3).

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Car(s)
'09 335i E92 6MT
6MT. All 8 cars I've owned have been manual. Not changing that now, and am going to enjoy rowing gears myself for as long as possible. There are many cars that I like and would consider if they offered a manual, but they won't wind up in my garage once I learn that they are auto only.