Results are only viewable after voting.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I believe the break down for the 370Z was about 50/50. What are you guys getting and why?

autovsman.jpg

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
I am on the fence, really hyped and thinking seriously about the manual, is there anything better that working your own gears in a car
like this? I work from home so no traffic commuting concerns, both my 300ZX’s were manuals, but I am older now plus alot more tech is onboard. YTuber savage geese just did a vid on this topic and he mentions how much better today’s auto’s are etc.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Manual, period. Just more fun and engaging at the track, auto rev-match or not, since I'm used to heel-n-toe. It won't be a daily driver, or maybe just 25%.

Dreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata
Stickshift, this kind of car has lower limits, and should be an excellent street car. Its not hunting numbers, and its purely a car for fun and excitement that can be used everyday. If im buying a fun, engaging car, I want the fun, engaging transmission to go with it, yaknow?

BB_Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Jaguar F-type R-Dynamic 6MT
I'm actually surprised by the number of people saying they'd get the automatic. Manual is truly a no brainer. As others noted, the manual will likely not last long as an option. I made the mistake of upgrading my F-type from the manual V6 to an automatic V8 -- I still miss that manual transmission even if it's slower. Add to this that Jaguar stopped offering the manual transmission 3 years after they first started offering it. Bottom line - there will be a group of early adopters/buyers of the manual, after which point sales of the MT will drop to very low levels -- and then Nissan will question why they are even offering it. So, get the manual transmission while you still can....

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Just read an article. Stick shift is an anti-theft device... :)

Seriously, to me, it is about fun in driving, not about straight line performance.
Being cheaper and lighter than AT is a plus.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Just read an article. Stick shift is an anti-theft device... :)

Seriously, to me, it is about fun in driving, not about straight line performance.
Being cheaper and lighter than AT is a plus.
That’s a good point, if they make the auto an expensive option I’ll probably go manual. But I’m still undecided.

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Camry, Q60 RWD
I'm honestly wondering if it's possible to fit the AT into the infiniti Q's

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Manual all the way. My 370z was my first manual car and it was a blast. I test drove the 7speed before buying my z sight unseen, and it just didn't feel engaging enough but rather muted and bland. The 350z sounded/felt rawer in AT versus the 370z. I see the appeal of the auto, as its so much easier to drive in traffic/fast, but just not for me as a sports car. Thats why I got the S4; Auto, stupid fast, and easy to drive and amazing fuel econ on trips.
But I refuse to get another manual car aside from the Z (unless its a porsche GT3/4 or F80/G80 M3).