Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Still that way.

I work for the city. The homeless problem is so out of control I am looking for a new job
I lived in Oly for 7 years. Homeless problem was fucking nuts down there.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
I’ve been teleworking for two years now, but that will change in the late winter. That said, it looks like we only have to be in twice per every two weeks. That makes the decision even that much easier. Not only will I be commuting less often, because it will be so much less frequent, I can justify the tollway which runs almost for to door.

I loved my Supra and the ZF-8 was a great transmission, but I missed a manual so much that I actually started flirting with low milage C7 GSs.

I’ll give up a few car lengths to have the fun of rowing.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I’ll give up a few car lengths to have the fun of rowing.
I specifically bought my 2016 GTI with a DSG because it could out-drag the 6MT version by a lot.

But, with the rise of BEV cars and trucks, that will be a moot point. I don't care that a auto Supra might be a touch quicker than a 9AT Z. Not when a R1T or Hummer will smoke both super hard.

What's going to make the remaining ICE cars special and maintain desirability will be any that have manual transmission. Even for people who adopt BEV, they'll occasionally enjoy getting ahold of a manual transmission vehicle.
Things like style and handling-prowess will eventually catch up in the BEV world, but unless someone makes a manual transmission BEV, ICE manuals will still maintain desirability.

Z06fan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevrolet SS Sedan, Mini Cooper S
Occupation
entrepreneur
That’s a good point, if they make the auto an expensive option I’ll probably go manual. But I’m still undecided.
IMO, the Chevrolet SS and Pontiac G8 markets are solid predicters of longer term used car prices for manual vs automatic cars, especially as we're pushed to EV's.