I'm at a loss fuelpumps, relays and everything works but I'm not getting gas up to the fuel rail , 8ve tried and checked everything I could think of, any knowledge would be greatly appr

RiffRaff3191

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1980 Datsun 280zx
Occupation
Unemployed
Ok I've checked everything , my fuel pump, relays, fuel lines and everything's works , but it's not working , I'm not getting fuel to the fuel rail and it's got me stumped . I've never had this problem with my car. 8t just happened one morning going to work . It ran fine then just started to sputtered alittle then died. Like I was saying I checked and cleaned everything, e

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
It's quite common on the old z's to plug up with debris from the tank. If you've verified the pump is still operational , and there's still no fuel flow, the only way to really check for sure is to pull the sending unit, clean the sock and check inside the tank. You could blow some air through the line to the front of the car after you disconnect it to check for blockage. It's very wise to use an inline fram style filter between the tank and the pump to catch any silt. The pump should be external. Mounted on the rail just by the tank. If you add a filter between the tank and the pump it can help catch debris before it even hits the pump. And the other thing they put in there is a fuel damper. It's designed to smooth the pulsing effect from the injectors for a cleaner gas flow. That is a very common item to bypass/delete