71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
I reached out about a month or 2 ago to a dealer about 45m-1h away, asking about the Z that I saw was inbound for them. They said they already had a buyer lined up, but put me down on their list. Well last night, I got a call that their buyer had fallen thru and the car was going to open sale, 'first come first buy' - Interestingly I was the only one that had answered from the salesman I was talking with, but this was at 6pm on a Thursday so maybe I shouldn't be as surprised. The salesman I was working with was actually already off for the day, but came back in to meet me and make the sale.

Long story short (TL;DR) - I am now the proud owner of a Black Diamond metallic performance! So far: Brilliant car, what a step up from my WRX! Pics below!

Before anyone asks: $5k market adjustment. Oh well.

Pics!
B905718A-C80E-4042-92DB-F2CE73B164E9.jpeg
DF84F7E9-EC6D-44D8-9FF1-96FE974B3255.jpeg
86346108-F55E-42DC-A80A-50F7845188B0.jpeg
1D2A7FC1-0775-49A5-B755-4DFFE86BDEE7.jpeg
4D639DCE-8B88-44F0-89F2-7DA90AC6BFFF.jpeg
5197B766-A0A6-45D8-8E4B-FF666DD34DFF.jpeg
ED042E5B-C817-434B-BEE3-A42436F5E6D0.jpeg
Beautiful Z!!! Congrats and Welcome to the Club! Please share some Interior Pics. Curious to see what seats look like. I have the Proto. And yes a good buy!

kutaba

First Name
Kutaba
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z Proto - pathfinder
Occupation
Creative
Congratulations mate, its stunning in Black. Welcome to the Z world. I know how you feel, I got butterflies when taking my Proto out from the dealer. Once more congratulations, enjoy.

mtjohnson

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 BMW M240i, 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia
Long time lurker - First time poster. Happy to join the “Brilliant Black” club :) Got very lucky with a local dealer in North Alabama. Completely a right place at the right time stroke of luck. Also - same boat as the OP - 5K market adjustment….BUT, that was much better than what I was getting quoted from others. Also, No added dealer fees etc, so I felt it was fair all things considered. - Also like to add, that pics do not do these vehicles justice!!!

F1AF4C55-A00A-49CC-902F-422F3175FA0D.jpeg

674CEF59-71D5-4500-8F86-0E2537B8B828.jpeg

48F3DAC4-DBCE-413C-8170-102CBEEF974B.jpeg

mtjohnson

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wonder if the $5K or less ADM will become the norm soon, as more first-line buyers back out? Probably not soon in the CA hot market, maybe elsewhere. Predicting will happen before summer.
Perhaps so, as that was the exact offer I was given as well

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
Wonder if the $5K or less ADM will become the norm soon, as more first-line buyers back out? Probably not soon in the CA hot market, maybe elsewhere. Predicting will happen before summer.
Its been the norm for nearly 2 years now. Average MSRP for a new vehicle purchase in the U.S. is about $42,000, according to KBB about 40% of car buyers in 2021 were willing to pay 12% above sticker.

There's your $5000.

OP
OP
MindScape

MindScape

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z Performance (Black)
Occupation
Market Research
Beautiful Z!!! Congrats and Welcome to the Club! Please share some Interior Pics. Curious to see what seats look like. I have the Proto. And yes a good buy!
Black on black is mine. I can grab a few better interior pics later, here’s what I got atm
BAEC2604-1BFA-47C2-BB04-F2BA16302970.jpeg
DC0A79A0-A962-42A6-995B-96878AC335D4.jpeg

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
Long time lurker - First time poster. Happy to join the “Brilliant Black” club :) Got very lucky with a local dealer in North Alabama. Completely a right place at the right time stroke of luck. Also - same boat as the OP - 5K market adjustment….BUT, that was much better than what I was getting quoted from others. Also, No added dealer fees etc, so I felt it was fair all things considered. - Also like to add, that pics do not do these vehicles justice!!!

F1AF4C55-A00A-49CC-902F-422F3175FA0D.jpeg

674CEF59-71D5-4500-8F86-0E2537B8B828.jpeg

48F3DAC4-DBCE-413C-8170-102CBEEF974B.jpeg
Will you be at any meets around HSV in the coming month? I'd love to see this in person!

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
For those discussing mark-ups, I just checked cars.com, there's 50 Z's for sale, most are MSRP, some have mark-ups and some have no price listed (let's presume they'd like to sell you on mark-up).

I'd say you should be able to get at MSRP, especially if somebody backed out. I think midway through this year people are going to be getting slightly below MSRP if the inventory starts coming in. Seems a lot of Z's were built 9 months ago, we may get a wave of Z's this year.

Not trying to be a downer on this thread, I just kept seeing people say they'd be ok with a markup.
Try harder, y'all have an entire day to negotiate, remember interest rates are high and tech jobs are doing big layoffs.....

OP
OP
MindScape

MindScape

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z Performance (Black)
Occupation
Market Research
For those discussing mark-ups, I just checked cars.com, there's 50 Z's for sale, most are MSRP, some have mark-ups and some have no price listed (let's presume they'd like to sell you on mark-up).

I'd say you should be able to get at MSRP, especially if somebody backed out. I think midway through this year people are going to be getting slightly below MSRP if the inventory starts coming in. Seems a lot of Z's were built 9 months ago, we may get a wave of Z's this year.

Not trying to be a downer on this thread, I just kept seeing people say they'd be ok with a markup.
Try harder, y'all have an entire day to negotiate, remember interest rates are high and tech jobs are doing big layoffs.....
Mine was listed at MSRP online. Most dealerships are not advertising their markups directly, at least in the US. I do agree people will start seeing dealers going at MSRP but I think it's a game of patience and searching. I had the opportunity, and $5k markup was justifiable for me to pickup an 'early' Z in my state.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Mine was listed at MSRP online. Most dealerships are not advertising their markups directly, at least in the US. I do agree people will start seeing dealers going at MSRP but I think it's a game of patience and searching. I had the opportunity, and $5k markup was justifiable for me to pickup an 'early' Z in my state.
2023 Camry, $19.995*

*with $30,000 cash or trade

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco

That would be nice if availability works out that way. Figured I wouldn't be in the running until 2024. Only thing is, what I found with Ford Broncos is as suggested above, the online price can turn out not the actual selling price.

Either way I'll be looking outside of the Chicagoland area, due to abundance of shady dealer tactics. Unsurprisingly, the only Z listed nearby looks jacked by 10k.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
That doesn't surprise me that they pulled a "fast one" on you. However, I think some states do have advertising laws that cover that. Here in WA state, I've been trying to get a new truck for a while, and every advertisement stated the actual price that the dealership was asking, so basically it was pretty discouraging to be constantly seeing things advertised as $5-10k over, having the advertising law doesn't make it any easier.

Also, we have high taxes here, to pay a $5k mark-up means I get to donate $550 more to the state government. If we didn't have such high taxes, I'd probably be more accepting of a mark-up.

mtjohnson

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Will you be at any meets around HSV in the coming month? I'd love to see this in person!
I dont typically go to meets, BUT would be more than happy to show you the car. If you are in the Madison area near county line road - my office is there and it will always be parked out front, or I could even meet you somewhere half way so you can take a look :)

mtjohnson

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That doesn't surprise me that they pulled a "fast one" on you. However, I think some states do have advertising laws that cover that. Here in WA state, I've been trying to get a new truck for a while, and every advertisement stated the actual price that the dealership was asking, so basically it was pretty discouraging to be constantly seeing things advertised as $5-10k over, having the advertising law doesn't make it any easier.

Also, we have high taxes here, to pay a $5k mark-up means I get to donate $550 more to the state government. If we didn't have such high taxes, I'd probably be more accepting of a mark-up.
I reached out to several of those dealers listing at MSRP. NONE of them would actually sell the car at MSRP. Every quote I got had SOME type of markup anywhere from $7,500-$10,000 whether they had it listed as “market adjustment,“ Dealer Prep Package”, or etc.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I reached out to several of those dealers listing at MSRP. NONE of them would actually sell the car at MSRP. Every quote I got had SOME type of markup anywhere from $7,500-$10,000 whether they had it listed as “market adjustment,“ Dealer Prep Package”, or etc.
Which region are you in?