Prices coming down, anybody getting under MSRP?

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Surprisingly in New Zealand there are many Zs going for under MSRP prices.
Why is that, not much interest? Can't be too much inventory. NZ is not offered the two trims, correct, just one model?

Hernandooo

First Name
Hernan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda CR-V
Occupation
Military
I'm moving to Australia soon, is their a surplus of Z's say in the Melbourne area?

JAKESZ

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z Performance 6MT, XC40, Rogue
Occupation
Web Dev
I just got a black MT one under MSRP from a dealer in the Phoenix area. $2,863 off the MSRP of $54,425--they said it was because it had been in their showroom for a couple months already. $622 to get it transported to me (have two kids under 2 otherwise I'd take a couple days to road trip it back). Had to keep their "already applied" appearance protection package for $699 and XPEL for $799. After those things it came out to $53,682. They have a NISMO in stock and I think a couple more Z's in transit. Where I live in CA, dealers are still putting on mandatory dealer additions and they're marked up $5-10k over MSRP.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I just got a black MT one under MSRP from a dealer in the Phoenix area. $2,863 off the MSRP of $54,425--they said it was because it had been in their showroom for a couple months already. $622 to get it transported to me (have two kids under 2 otherwise I'd take a couple days to road trip it back). Had to keep their "already applied" appearance protection package for $699 and XPEL for $799. After those things it came out to $53,682. They have a NISMO in stock and I think a couple more Z's in transit. Where I live in CA, dealers are still putting on mandatory dealer additions and they're marked up $5-10k over MSRP.
Good catch. Just over $600 for transport, that's reasonable, where from? Can't be east coast which I'm sure closer to $1K. Any more pics, plans?

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
Good catch. Just over $600 for transport, that's reasonable, where from? Can't be east coast which I'm sure closer to $1K. Any more pics, plans?
For reference
I did an enclosed transport (SafeAuto in Canada)
Costed me $400 for delivery... This was like a 40mi distance!

Def overpaid, but the peace of mind and service experience were worth it!

Given it was end of winter up here, alot of road salt and debris, don't want to risk any kickup off the street with a cheaper open cab delivery.

JAKESZ

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z Performance 6MT, XC40, Rogue
Occupation
Web Dev
I don't remember the transport company that took the job. The dealership just put it into some system and this company accepted it. I’m in the Sacramento area, so it was a little over 700 miles from Phoenix. I did ceramic IR tint 40% in the back/side and 70% (clear) windshield. I told myself I'm going to get through the break in period first before I decide on anything else. I will say that watching all of the youtube reviews of the Z and reading everything I could about it since 2021, I expected the car to be much less capable. I was pleasantly surprised at how good this car is. It is way better than my 370Z was.

Last edited:

Vintage

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rubicon
A dealer hit me at $10k over on a Nismo Z. I'm fine driving my 2023 Z until they level at MSRP.