Sponsored

Search results

  1. Smokey on Start UP ?

    When I start the car after sitting for a bit overnight, I see smoke out the back in my mirrors. I can't discern if it is smoky like oil or carbon, or if it is water vapour ? Does anyone else see this on their cars, it is hard to tell as I am in the car and not seeing it form the rear...
  2. What did you do with your Z today? 🙋🏻‍♂️

    I swapped out the differential fluid on my Sport Auto today. I went with Amsoil 75w90 Severe Gear. It feels very smooth, maybe a bit quieter ? I used one of those giant syringe pumps to fill the sump, it fills pretty quick and no pumping needed. I got about 1.8 quarts in there for sure.
  3. Oil Recommendation

    Yes grab a few of them at one time, they are good sealing washer, but they get totally flattened on each use and need to be replaced - soft copper
  4. Nissan Z cracked cylinder head/ "porous block"

    With the electronics on today's car most unexpected repairs are $2,000+ , turbos are known maintenance items at some point down the road along with related parts and any stressed engine part, tranny etc. Just peace of mind for me. I went to my local dealer and we did a search of available...
  5. Nissan Z cracked cylinder head/ "porous block"

    I will keep it short. I don't mean to talk anyone into it, so if you fee that you need a warranty sit down with the dealer and go over the options. The warranty options can change and there are different kinds of warranties and deductibles etc. Mine basically cost $3,900 for 84 months bumper...
  6. Does your Performance Model Get Squirrely in Rear end under Hard Acceleration ?

    Yeah that was my experience , pretty much exactly as you described.
  7. Oil Filter compilation

    Thank you for that simple summary , it helps my small brain understand it better. Yes I will never have long drains, never. I will plan to use 0w30 , I could go to a 20 weight but a bit more peace of mind with a 30 weight. Fuel economy isn't a big issue , it isn't great to begin with ...
  8. Nissan Z cracked cylinder head/ "porous block"

    I just bought my Z 2 weeks ago in Southwestern Ontario. I went with the extended warranty for peace of mind, I have never owned a Nissan before. Bumper to bumper coverage with roadside assistance and a few free oil changes and some financing benefits. I may never use it but I...
  9. Oil Filter compilation

    I don't think I will mess with the oil control solenoid. I believe it may be a worthwhile thing to do for those inclined to mess with it. I have an 8 year bumper to bumper warranty so I will take my chances. Is there any advice on what one can do to reduce the risk of engine damage due to a...
  10. What did you do with your Z today? 🙋🏻‍♂️

    Not really parts, but my Datsun T-shirt arrived today - blue , looks good. I still have a few other small items on the way - keychain and a Twin Turbo decal
  11. Oil Filter compilation

    Yes definitely , well worth it. Good choice
  12. What did you do with your Z today? 🙋🏻‍♂️

    The water level front and rear seemed safe enough in that one picture, but on the side it may have seeped into the cabin ?
  13. What did you do with your Z today? 🙋🏻‍♂️

    I poured the used diff fluid into a catch container this evening, there weren't any large particles, just lots of small stuff. The fluid was very dark as a result of the wear particles, almost dust like , pretty normal looking for the break-in dump.
  14. What did you do with your Z today? 🙋🏻‍♂️

    Thanks, yeah I need to find a container to dump the new fluid into and then pump it in and the pumps don't fit all containers. I found a decent one on Amazon, all in one pump and container which I may use, less mess. I like the use of carpets under the car , nice.
  15. Break-in Routine for My 2026 Sport Auto

    Thanks I am currently draining the diff. I've done this many times on my Honda S2000, it seems very similar but the diff on the Z is just a tad bit tighter in terms of space. The proper tools help.
  16. What did you do with your Z today? 🙋🏻‍♂️

    I drained my rear diff this evening, gave it a short drive to heat it up. The fluid came out pretty grey - suspended metallic material. The magnetic drain bolt had a good dose of paste on it. I am going with Amsoil 75w90 refill. I ordered the Amsoil bags but I don't think it is a...
  17. New Member Introductions

    It is amazing how little they know about the Z. My dealer parts guy had no idea about the oil filter that is specific to our cars. Don't feel bad, my sales guy said that Nissan stopped supplying the owner manual cover / holder, that kind of sucks as mine came wrapped like a head of...
  18. Oil Filter compilation

    Back to oil filters, if anyone goes to the dealer and is told they use the same filter on all of their vehicles including the Z , give them shit. Dealers want to use the least amount of filters they can in their parts stock rooms. My parts guy had to bring in a box of 30 filters for the...



Top