First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
i know we dont have the engine specs right now, but feel confident what it is.
regardless i believe the excitement for the z will result in huge aftermarket support.
what are you hoping to see? what are your plans?

if i end up getting one (75% sure) it will be to dd it, so my only mod will be an air freshener...
not gonna touch anything until the warranty runs out. dont want give them any excuses incase we end up sorting through some "first model year issues"

i know a lot of shops will prob get one and start modding the heck out of them...all in a race to see who will be the first to ______.
then the youtubers/instagramers with money to burn will mod for click bait. to help their followers learn more about the z.

curious as to what people here have in mind...and when they will mod them.

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
I will be buying new so in the same boat, i dont want to ruin my warranty, but once that is gone, definitely will be looking at what aftermarket mods are out there by then. Being the first model, I expect to run into issues so i want to keep my warranty

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I will be buying new so in the same boat, i dont want to ruin my warranty, but once that is gone, definitely will be looking at what aftermarket mods are out there by then. Being the first model, I expect to run into issues so i want to keep my warranty
agreed...

although i would say any cosmetic changes prob wouldnt cause a stir.
on that front i would look to paint or wrap the roof to match the body color.
i know some people dont care for the "katana" but i think this would help it look better.
some z's will look better with the black top, but i think the blue would look more striking color matched.

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
I'm going to probably do LDP's, cat back, and heat exchanger (if nissan hasn't put a better one in) until the warranty expires. Then probably tune, full dp's and looking into suspension work afterwards.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
I will most likely do FBO as well; Intercooler/Heat Exchanger, Intake, BOV, Catted Downpipe, Exhaust, Springs & Sways. Will most likely do this in stages and add a tune in ~ 2 years; just to make sure major kinks of tune(s) are identified and resolved. Honestly, if the car makes 400WHP, that should be enough to light tires and be fun enough to perform shenanigans

Xirallicgdb

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 STi, 1980 Toyota pickup, 2016 tundra
Occupation
Painter
I’ll do coil overs followed by wheels and tires and maybe a cb exhaust until warranty runs out.. it’ll be interesting to see what exhausts are offered and if they sound any different than current q50 / 60 options. The only exhaust I like for the Q is ark grip.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
i've looked around a little, but have not seen anything yet. anyone got a lead on any that may be producing bodykits for the z?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Definitely going with suspension and brakes upgrades before ANY engine mods. 400hp is plenty to start with as long as the chassis can keep up. This is easier for warranty concerns too. And being in CA, CARB is tough, lots more hassles.

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Camry, Q60 RWD
Driver mod lol!
It's been a few years since I had a manual but man I miss it.
Is the manual the same as the 370Z?

How well do those hold power before needing to be built? (Assuming you're already upgrading the clutch)

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Definitely going with suspension and brakes upgrades before ANY engine mods. 400hp is plenty to start with as long as the chassis can keep up. This is easier for warranty concerns too. And being in CA, CARB is tough, lots more hassles.
non car people coming from normal cars, econo boxes and suv's are gonna get their minds blown with 400hp....

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
Driver mod lol!
It's been a few years since I had a manual but man I miss it.
Is the manual the same as the 370Z?

How well do those hold power before needing to be built? (Assuming you're already upgrading the clutch)
Thats what people are saying

Stevewithaz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
1990 Nissan 300zxTT, 2015 370Z Nismo
Occupation
Marketing Content Creator
i know we dont have the engine specs right now, but feel confident what it is.
regardless i believe the excitement for the z will result in huge aftermarket support.
what are you hoping to see? what are your plans?

if i end up getting one (75% sure) it will be to dd it, so my only mod will be an air freshener...
not gonna touch anything until the warranty runs out. dont want give them any excuses incase we end up sorting through some "first model year issues"

i know a lot of shops will prob get one and start modding the heck out of them...all in a race to see who will be the first to ______.
then the youtubers/instagramers with money to burn will mod for click bait. to help their followers learn more about the z.

curious as to what people here have in mind...and when they will mod them.
I will be looking to start with intake, downpipes and exhaust until the ECU can be sorted out to turn up the boost. I am, like you, going to assume we know what we are getting here. Hopefully Ecutek will be in play early. I would speculate the motor will be built enough to handle the stock turbo boost jacked up all the way. Oversized injectors would rock (potential E85 play) but I am not getting carried away. Given what the supras were able to do, this should be pretty dam fun.