Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
That is why I live in Texas....
1652209285336.png

LOL Emissions
Tons of long, smooth straights
Tons of folks ready to go to Mexico and send it at a moments notice (our light up highway signs even say "Please, no racing")
Houston, TX aka Horsepower, TX.......only place you can run around with these stickers on your windshield.
1652209140985.png
Our max sign here reads 70. 85 would be really nice. Out of 159 counties in GA only 13 require emission testing. I won't even consider living in any of those counties.

Z hope

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
There are tons of engine mods that are EPA and CARB compliant.

Race cars are for "competition use only" and are not targeted by the EPA.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/13/business/defeat-devices-clean-air-act.html

CARB does offer an automatic exception for racecars, but shops must keep detailed records. Anyone who makes, sells, installs or uses a racing part is liable if that part is illegally used on a public road. CARB has used that rule to sue out-of-state companies that sold defeat devices in California. May 13, 2021
Our government saving us low class poor stupid people from our self . Just ask any government officials they will tell you that you can’t get by without them. So YES the all powerful unrelenting EPA sucks the big one. Especially in California.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
That is why I live in Texas....
1652209285336.png

(That's 137 KPH for our metric friends)
LOL Emissions
Tons of long, smooth straights
Tons of folks ready to go to Mexico and send it at a moments notice (our light up highway signs even say "Please, no racing")
Houston, TX aka Horsepower, TX.......only place you can run around with these stickers on your windshield.
1652209140985.png
Sounds like Florida.

Z hope

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
https://www.sema.org/epa-news

The whole purpose of the RPM Act is to protect our ability to turn street cars into dedicated race cars because the EPA is going after them and the associated parts/tuners.

Again, CARB is trash and CARB compliant parts are trash compared to their non-compliant counterparts.

Tons of compliant parts? I don't have a single one on my car and quite literally every engine component in my car is aftermarket. Not a single CARB part out of all of it. My damn intake filter isn't even compliant. That's not even by choice.

And why the fuck should a shop be responsible for what a customer does once they leave the shop? That's fucking STUPID. Just as stupid as blaming McDonald's for making people fat or holding firearms manufacturers legally liable for people commiting crimes with said firearms.

So I say again - California, CARB, and EPA can go fuck themselves.
Do you see the basic problem with what you’re saying is you are using logic and that seems to be going by the wayside. So many people don’t know what the word logic really means. By the way I agree with you completely.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
You young'uns have no idea what the environment was like back in the 70's.

I don't wanna go back there...

Screenshot_20220510-183300_Chrome.jpg
That's a far cry from the very small minority of enthusiasts that actually modify their cars nowadays. That was every vehicle being a polluting piece of shit.

I wouldn't wanna go back there, either but I don't want my hobby destroyed.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
You young'uns have no idea what the environment was like back in the 70's.

I don't wanna go back there...

Screenshot_20220510-183300_Chrome.jpg
I see the problem. Hot boxing the city. No wonder everyone is driving on the wrong side of the road

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
https://www.sema.org/epa-news

The whole purpose of the RPM Act is to protect our ability to turn street cars into dedicated race cars because the EPA is going after them and the associated parts/tuners.

Again, CARB is trash and CARB compliant parts are trash compared to their non-compliant counterparts.

Tons of compliant parts? I don't have a single one on my car and quite literally every engine component in my car is aftermarket. Not a single CARB part out of all of it. My damn intake filter isn't even compliant. That's not even by choice.

And why the fuck should a shop be responsible for what a customer does once they leave the shop? That's fucking STUPID. Just as stupid as blaming McDonald's for making people fat or holding firearms manufacturers legally liable for people commiting crimes with said firearms.

So I say again - California, CARB, and EPA can go fuck themselves.
I thank EPA for the clean air I breath, being old enough to remember the chocking smog of LA back in the day. All the folks running around with catless exhaust are significantly responsible for this mess. And, while I appreciate SEMA in general, they are guilty of gross misrepresentations of much what is going on and why.

You don’t have the right to drive catless on public roads or tune your car in ways that cause it to exceed NAAQS.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I thank EPA for the clean air I breath, being old enough to remember the chocking smog of LA back in the day. All the folks running around with catless exhaust are significantly responsible for this mess. And, while I appreciate SEMA in general, they are guilty of gross misrepresentations of much what is going on and why.

You don’t have the right to drive catless on public roads or tune your car in ways that cause it to exceed NAAQS.
The only people running around without cats are either driving antiques or modified vehicles, which are the extreme minority. I highly, HIGHLY doubt we're "significantly responsible" for ANY mess.

There's no misrepresentation in the RPM Act. It's all based directly off of what the EPA has said or done.