3.0 V6TT CONFIRMED!

350ZZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 350Z NISMO
Chicago is next month and always pulls the good stuff away from the Pittsburgh show lol

new York is end of march I believe.

I feel end of the year LA show or Tokyo would be the release of any info or a proto.
No Tokyo Auto Show this year though. Unless they decide to release something at Tokyo Auto Salon, but that's more aftermarket geared like SEMA. I'm hoping for something to come at NY or LA then.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
No Tokyo Auto Show this year though. Unless they decide to release something at Tokyo Auto Salon, but that's more aftermarket geared like SEMA. I'm hoping for something to come at NY or LA then.
My hope is for LA. That is where they showed the z34 initially.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
That works for me :) Intro of a concept later this year, then production version debut and a release sometime in 2017. I'll take it.
well today they showed the titan warrior concept. I assume it was something blah to not take away from the Q60 debut.

Nissan chief said be ready for more in Chicago soooooo maybe?

MillerP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3
well today they showed the titan warrior concept. I assume it was something blah to not take away from the Q60 debut.

Nissan chief said be ready for more in Chicago soooooo maybe?
Too small of a show for something as big as the next Z car? NY show in April would really be more appropriate since its got a bigger audience and it'll be Spring so everyone's minds will be more on sports cars.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Too small of a show for something as big as the next Z car? NY show in April would really be more appropriate since its got a bigger audience and it'll be Spring so everyone's minds will be more on sports cars.
I agree. just being hopeful/wishful for some Z news sooner rather than later lol

tetsuo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Maxima
As much as I want to see the future Z ASAP i think debuting it in Chicago would be a mistake. Either wait until NY or do a completely separate event broadcast globally across the internet. This car hasn't been redone in over 8 years c'mon!!

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
As much as I want to see the future Z ASAP i think debuting it in Chicago would be a mistake. Either wait until NY or do a completely separate event broadcast globally across the internet. This car hasn't been redone in over 8 years c'mon!!

or they stun everyone and unveil it at ZdayZ in May lol

I mean they brought the 2015 Nismo update world premiere to us first prior to any media outlet seeing it.

now that would be amazing. highly unlikely but would be awesome.

MillerP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3
or they stun everyone and unveil it at ZdayZ in May lol

I mean they brought the 2015 Nismo update world premiere to us first prior to any media outlet seeing it.

now that would be amazing. highly unlikely but would be awesome.
Now that would be recognizing your fans/owners! I can see them doing that for a special edition model but for a whole new generation debut they probably want the biggest press audience and stage possible.

Side note - anyone remember if they showed a concept 350Z or 370Z before debuting the production model? Or did they go straight up production debut?

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Now that would be recognizing your fans/owners! I can see them doing that for a special edition model but for a whole new generation debut they probably want the biggest press audience and stage possible.

Side note - anyone remember if they showed a concept 350Z or 370Z before debuting the production model? Or did they go straight up production debut?

yea being a whole new model it would most likely be at a large show/convention. but I could see a slim possibility of them showing it to the community first. I mean the car is a very niche car with one of the most diehard community. it's not like this is a mass sale car lol

they showed a 240z/350z concept in 1999.

there was no concept for the 370 it just came out lol but there was no gap between the 350 and 370 like there was with the 300 to 350. the Z was pretty much dead before the 350z. Nissan almost wrote it off.

Ultima

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan
All the talk suggests that the z35 will be a drastic redesign (much bigger than the 350 to 370) not seen in the Z in a long time so I think a concept makes sense. It also buys them time for a production version.

Personally i'm hoping for a big auto show reveal so i might get a chance to see it in person right away.

NSFW!

Threads
Reaction score
All the talk suggests that the z35 will be a drastic redesign (much bigger than the 350 to 370) not seen in the Z in a long time so I think a concept makes sense. It also buys them time for a production version.

Personally i'm hoping for a big auto show reveal so i might get a chance to see it in person right away.
The 350z -> 370z was a very minor 'new model' update IMO. The Z35 doesn't stand a chance at being successful if it stays close to the 350/370Z formula as sales numbers show. I agree that the Z35 will a more drastic redesign. Forced induction will be introduced and I hope the car goes smaller and lighter also.

Cramer

Threads
Reaction score
They seem to have gotten the engine choice right. Now just give it an aggressive tune, dont screw up the design, price and timing and I may just hold off on my next car purchase long enough to own one.

626m3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3
I was thinking... anyone think if the Z35 gets the same twin turbo V6 as the Q60 it'll be purposely nerfed and detuned for less power than the Q60? You know, because the Q60 is also a sports coupe and will be priced higher.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
I was thinking... anyone think if the Z35 gets the same twin turbo V6 as the Q60 it'll be purposely nerfed and detuned for less power than the Q60? You know, because the Q60 is also a sports coupe and will be priced higher.
never.

the Z always has more power than the G/Q whatever it's called at the time. people who buy the infiniti over the Nissan want the luxury and typically the power is just there but not the top priority.

they may for some reason keep them the same level with this version but I don't see them changing it. I believe the 370 v. G37 was 332hp v. 328hp. then the nismo v. IPL was 350hp v 348hp. all with the exact same engine.