3.0 V6TT CONFIRMED!

J_Watts

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86
Yea at least we'll get some idea of the type of power it should be capable of. A little backwards as we have no idea what the next Z will be, even those crossover rumors were running wild for a bit.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
Yea at least we'll get some idea of the type of power it should be capable of. A little backwards as we have no idea what the next Z will be, even those crossover rumors were running wild for a bit.
the crossover thing I highly doubt we will see anytime soon if ever. cool concept though dont get me wrong.

as for the info on the Z it sucks its being withheld this long but it falls somewhat in line IF they debut it next year.

the 2008 G37 debuted in 2007 at the NY show.
the 2009 370Z debuted in 2008 at the LA show.

let's just cross our fingers and hope a production Q50/60 debut in a couple weeks means we may see a new Z by years end or early next year.

Yolo2014

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
the crossover thing I highly doubt we will see anytime soon if ever. cool concept though dont get me wrong.

as for the info on the Z it sucks its being withheld this long but it falls somewhat in line IF they debut it next year.

the 2008 G37 debuted in 2007 at the NY show.
the 2009 370Z debuted in 2008 at the LA show.

let's just cross our fingers and hope a production Q50/60 debut in a couple weeks means we may see a new Z by years end or early next year.
Wish we already saw a prototype spied during testing or something. That would make the car seem more real (I know it is :)) and give a signal that it might be revealed soon.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Wish we already saw a prototype spied during testing or something. That would make the car seem more real (I know it is :)) and give a signal that it might be revealed soon.
honestly I'm not getting my hopes up for a car until I actually see something lol

the fact that we haven't seen anything yet it's either super super secret and well hidden OR there isn't one OR it's way down the line.

Yolo2014

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
honestly I'm not getting my hopes up for a car until I actually see something lol

the fact that we haven't seen anything yet it's either super super secret and well hidden OR there isn't one OR it's way down the line.
Good point.

I do think Nissan will want to play the whole spy pics and teaser thing with this car considering how long in the tooth the Z33/Z34, in order to maximize publicity and generate as much buzz as possible before the car comes out. I do wonder if they'll eventually put out a concept version of the Z35.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Good point.

I do think Nissan will want to play the whole spy pics and teaser thing with this car considering how long in the tooth the Z33/Z34, in order to maximize publicity and generate as much buzz as possible before the car comes out. I do wonder if they'll eventually put out a concept version of the Z35.
it's hard to tell anymore. the fact that there is zero news does scare me a bit.

the Z33 went for 6 model years.
the Z34 is now on year 8 lol

my worry is what if Nissan takes a break like they did between the Z32 and Z33. I mean technically that break was because the Z was being killed off at that point. I've been told the story many times by one great Texan man who flew over to japan to talk with Mr. K himself, to help save the Z. hence why there is even a 350 or 370 today lol

chromeX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Nissan's new direction of late seems to have it out for RWD coupes. I think the success of the new Mustang and Camaro shows that there is still a slice of the pie to be had. I'm hoping all this means is it is still too far in the future, but 8 years is pushing the limits of any car's life cycle these days. It's almost like they are waiting for it to wither and die on its own.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Nissan's new direction of late seems to have it out for RWD coupes. I think the success of the new Mustang and Camaro shows that there is still a slice of the pie to be had. I'm hoping all this means is it is still too far in the future, but 8 years is pushing the limits of any car's life cycle these days. It's almost like they are waiting for it to wither and die on its own.
oh I agree that they know/see the need of the RWD sports car in the line up. they have nothing else in the line up with 2 doors aside from the Z and GTR.....and the frontier I think only has two doors lol

also I agree with 8 years is a bit much without any serious changes. they updated (ruined) the front bumper on the 2013+ by making it look like the front bumper from a 350 which isn't good. then 2015 they did do a nice update to the nismo package which was needed. personally I never have like the 2009-2014 nismo body kit/wing.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
the new engine just debuted in the Q60 at the Detroit auto show. guess that is confirmed and solid :)

Seong

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 CBR600
Nice.

"In the US, there are two engine choices with three levels of output. The twin-turbo 3.0-liter V6 comes with either 400 horsepower and 350 pound-feet of torque, or 300 hp and 295 lb-ft."

Looks like that is confirmed too. Now can they throw us a bone about the Z?

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Nice.

"In the US, there are two engine choices with three levels of output. The twin-turbo 3.0-liter V6 comes with either 400 horsepower and 350 pound-feet of torque, or 300 hp and 295 lb-ft."

Looks like that is confirmed too. Now can they throw us a bone about the Z?
I feel that if there is a Z we should know soon.....I hope.

when I go to the Pittsburgh auto show in February i'll see what I can get from the Nissan/infiniti people. last year I got some info from them so hopefully I can do the same this year lol

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Awesome news. One more step towards a more powerful turbo'd Z35 :D
one step closer but in the end it's on Nissan to make it happen.

i'm worried though about the styling. the Q60 proto was sexy and aggressive but the production version is more like a maxima from the side with a vent. rear end is nice the fron is better than the Q50 but still could me more aggressive.

Ranma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rusty old Mitsu
I'm disappointed they dulled down the front fascia so much on the production Q60. That was the stunner on the concept.

At least the engine didn't disappoint , now on to the Z35 or whatever it'll be called. Next possibility of a concept or any news would be ... NY Show?

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
I'm disappointed they dulled down the front fascia so much on the production Q60. That was the stunner on the concept.

At least the engine didn't disappoint , now on to the Z35 or whatever it'll be called. Next possibility of a concept or any news would be ... NY Show?

Chicago is next month and always pulls the good stuff away from the Pittsburgh show lol

new York is end of march I believe.

I feel end of the year LA show or Tokyo would be the release of any info or a proto.