FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
Step 1: 3" (maybe even larger) straight pipes.

Step 2: put in CAI and find someone to make a better intake manifold/intercooler setup.

Step 3: corn fuel.

That's what my plans are if I get the new Z vs GTR

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
Step 1: 3" (maybe even larger) straight pipes.

Step 2: put in CAI and find someone to make a better intake manifold/intercooler setup.

Step 3: corn fuel.

That's what my plans are if I get the new Z vs GTR
Step 1: Correct. These downs pipes from Z1 are nice. With a 3" option.
https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-pr...ddtt-30t-race-downpipes-preorder-p-10390.html

Step 2: CAI for sure. Even just for looks sake. Same with the intercoolers. Which are water cooled. Even mini fans on them to push air threw. Just an opinion. And the manifold. Not sure. Just have to live with it IMO. You never see a manifold made for the Z that really benefit from. Especially the cost factor. Better to smooth out the intake runner for a little bit of mid range TQ and leave it be. Maybe but a metal plate over it.

Step 3: Corn fuel is better for timing purpose but not always partical. Just isn't available nearby for myself.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
Step 1: Correct. These downs pipes from Z1 are nice. With a 3" option.
https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-pr...ddtt-30t-race-downpipes-preorder-p-10390.html

Step 2: CAI for sure. Even just for looks sake. Same with the intercoolers. Which are water cooled. Even mini fans on them to push air threw. Just an opinion. And the manifold. Not sure. Just have to live with it IMO. You never see a manifold made for the Z that really benefit from. Especially the cost factor. Better to smooth out the intake runner for a little bit of mid range TQ and leave it be. Maybe but a metal plate over it.

Step 3: Corn fuel is better for timing purpose but not always partical. Just isn't available nearby for myself.

Personally I would go with fast Intentions exhaust pieces but Z1 does make very good parts as well. Just a personal preference of the sound of FI vs others. But yes no cats at all. No need to hold back any power or sound.

The current intake manifold seems like garbage to me. There is about a 140 degree turn into the main collector which has to be robbing power.

E85 is essential for boost builds. The 370 typically can hit 550-600whp safely on stock block based on only being able to boost up to around 10-12psi. With e85 they can bump the boost safely and I've seen a few over 700whp stock block builds. Now will those last with continual use probably not but still it helps lol

Recently they have opened a few gas stations by me with e85. Now being readily available in all for the idea. I do know a good bit of the local gtr guys will actually buy a full 55 gal drum to keep at home for quality purposes since most stations aren't always pumping out true e85. Most times they say they can see a range of e70-e85 from local pumps. Also I know a few who run higher mixtures around e90 so they also keep their own stock on hand.

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
I briefly saw the FI exhaust. Is it only for the lower cat though, it doesn't go all the way up to the turbo? Or do they sell that piece separately? I'll have to go back on their website to see later?

I'll have to look into the E85 because my Armada takes it to.