3.0 V6TT CONFIRMED!

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
well the rumors have circulated for months and months now with no confirmation. a few hints here and there came along (one being the Q60 without its covers on sporting a 3.0T badge.).

now official press release confirming the 3 options coming for the Q50/60.

2.0 4cly
3.0 V6 TT 300hp tune
3.0 V6 TT 400hp tune

air to water intercoolers up on top the engine, integrated exhaust manifolds, 2 water pumps for cooling, 400hp/350tq.

350tq shows up at just 1600rpm and runs all the way to 5200rpm. not a bad power band.

link below gives full specs and new features. also included is pics of then new engine.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/12/15/2016-infiniti-q50-twin-turbo-v6-official/#slide-3740119

MRichter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bmw 325i
I've been checking back now and then for any info. Finally something it seems.

Question, how do we know for sure that it will be one of the V6 TT engines and not the 2.0 engine?

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
I've been checking back now and then for any info. Finally something it seems.

Question, how do we know one of these will go into the next Z car and that it will be one of the V6 TT engines and not the 2.0 engine?
well we don't even know if there will even be a next Z. its been shaky and no details really even rumored yet.

however it's Nissan and they share their engines in EVERY car lol I mean look at the 3.7 it was in the sports cars, the sedans, the suvs, etc...

I will say IF there is another Z it will get the TT V6 most likely in the 300hp detune and 400hp bigger tune maybe different numbers. hell there may even be a baby base model 4 banger just to go along with a lot of the competitors model layouts.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
also wanted to add that this engine in the 400hp flavor will be dropped into the Q50 early this spring. late spring will see the 300hp version.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
the Q60 will also be getting these engines. in case you guys haven't seen the Q60 without the spy covers on it here it is. Q60S badge on the rear and 3.0T badge on the door.

afflicted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 fr-s
well we don't even know if there will even be a next Z. its been shaky and no details really even rumored yet.

however it's Nissan and they share their engines in EVERY car lol I mean look at the 3.7 it was in the sports cars, the sedans, the suvs, etc...

I will say IF there is another Z it will get the TT V6 most likely in the 300hp detune and 400hp bigger tune maybe different numbers. hell there may even be a baby base model 4 banger just to go along with a lot of the competitors model layouts.
Good pickup man. Being that the 4 cyl is going into the Q60 sedan I would think it's not an enthusiast type sports car engine but who knows, they could tune it aggressively for an entry Z car I guess.

The 400hp TT V6 would make me happy. I don't see a 3 engine lineup happening so let's hope this is the one slated for the Z. 300hp won't cut it if they are serious about the longevity of this brand, some stout competition out there.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Good pickup man. Being that the 4 cyl is going into the Q60 sedan I would think it's not an enthusiast type sports car engine but who knows, they could tune it aggressively for an entry Z car I guess.

The 400hp TT V6 would make me happy. I don't see a 3 engine lineup happening so let's hope this is the one slated for the Z. 300hp won't cut it if they are serious about the longevity of this brand, some stout competition out there.
yes for the Z I feel it'll be one engine and multiple power levels obviously a higher one for the Nismo. I agree the 300 is BS and wont cut it. I assume that the Z would receive a 400hp and 450hp version. the rumor was that the Q60 will receive 400hp and the IPL is tuned up to 450HP. would make sense to transfer over as Z and Nismo Z HP numbers.

oh yea don't forget the Q cars also will have a 3.7 V6 hybrid good for 360HP. forgot to add in that info to my posts earlier.

Ultima

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan
Damn this is great news. V6 TT is perfect and should be a sweet spot in terms of performance and efficiency! 400HP is a nice figure especially if the car drops signifiant weight :)

MRichter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bmw 325i

True and from the sounds of it we won't get anything for another few yrs. Really promising that the VR series engine is making upwards of 400 HP in the Q50, hoping they can push that for 425+ for the next Z.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
True and from the sounds of it we won't get anything for another few yrs. Really promising that the VR series engine is making upwards of 400 HP in the Q50, hoping they can push that for 425+ for the next Z.
i'm hoping the next Z info will come early/mid 2016 so then it'll drop in 2017 as a 2018MY

I hope they say something sooner before I move on from the Z. I mean the new engine may intrigue me to go for a Q60 but who knows. still too early to tell.

626m3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3
First thing I thought of when I saw the V6 TT title was 300ZX reincarnate! I hope this car captures the spirit of that one. Basically my childhood idol car :)

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
First thing I thought of when I saw the V6 TT title was 300ZX reincarnate! I hope this car captures the spirit of that one. Basically my childhood idol car :)
i'm still trying to see any validity in the newest C&D article which hints at the new engine may get dropped in current Z body which technically following current naming convention would fall back to 300Z? lol

I highly doubt they would use a brand new engine in an 8 year old model.

626m3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3
i'm still trying to see any validity in the newest C&D article which hints at the new engine may get dropped in current Z body which technically following current naming convention would fall back to 300Z? lol

I highly doubt they would use a brand new engine in an 8 year old model.
Based on the current naming convention, won't the Z35 be called the 300Z anyway if it gets the 3.0L TT? Any chance they call it something different?

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Based on the current naming convention, won't the Z35 be called the 300Z anyway if it gets the 3.0L TT? Any chance they call it something different?
if the naming convention stays the same then yea I assume it would be the 300Z-T? the Q50/60 has a 3.0T badge on it.

there were the early rumors it was switching to the platform name of Z35 and doing away with the long standing displacement naming.

sun tzu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Mustang GT
also wanted to add that this engine in the 400hp flavor will be dropped into the Q50 early this spring. late spring will see the 300hp version.
FINALLY some good info. Thanks for posting. There is hope yet for the Z brand! Drop the 400hp version and some weight and this thing will be back at the top of my want list.

Interesting that the more powerful version will be released first followed by the detuned one.