www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE

MillerP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3
Sounds like the 3.0 TT is going to be perfect mated to a 6 speed manual. Should be a good choice for the Z, if they ever build it.

SanSanz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Subaru BRZ
Getting this engine at the Z35 price range would be pretty sweet. That of course assuming we will get a new z35 anytime soon.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Sounds like the 3.0 TT is going to be perfect mated to a 6 speed manual. Should be a good choice for the Z, if they ever build it.
the manual is dead in the Q so maybe it'll be dead in the Z.

the AT is the better choice anyways lol

ThreeSeven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 WRX Wagon
the manual is dead in the Q so maybe it'll be dead in the Z.

the AT is the better choice anyways lol
Perhaps but having choice is always better. That being said, I already accepted that the new Z might be AT only.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Perhaps but having choice is always better. That being said, I already accepted that the new Z might be AT only.
yes chocie is always a great way to go but with the Q already being AT only is a bad sign.

however, the Z being a true/pure sports car and not the luxury/comfort market liek the Q i feel there would be both options IF the Z is brought back for a new model.

sun tzu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Mustang GT
The Z's competitors still offer a manual so it too must, even if it has a relatively low (and decreasing) take rate. It would instantly lose street cred.

ThreeSeven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 WRX Wagon

626m3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3
So are we thinking the VR30 will definitely be one of the Z's engine options?

Anyone know what the VR30 twin turbo V6 weighs compared to the VQ37?

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)

I would say yes because why would they waste money on developing another engine? Lol

Love the VQ but all I can say is booooooooost!

400bhp/350tq stock. Fast Intentions added a cbe/secondary down pipes and I believe it made over 400whp and 390-ish wtq. That's with no tuning, intakes, and that awful 180 degree turn intake manifold that i hate lol

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
To add to that last post just imagine the possible power with just breathers and a tune. Full cat delete and good intake setup plus a tune could see 450whp. Toss some E85 in the mix and I could see this engine being capable of 500whp without changing turbos or anything extreme.

Personally I'd like to see what 3" maybe even bigger straight exhaust could do for power and turbo spool.

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman

Yes.

So far as weight I read an article "claiming" same weight due to smaller displacement and the integrated turbo manifold.

I would say yes because why would they waste money on developing another engine? Lol

Love the VQ but all I can say is booooooooost!

400bhp/350tq stock. Fast Intentions added a cbe/secondary down pipes and I believe it made over 400whp and 390-ish wtq. That's with no tuning, intakes, and that awful 180 degree turn intake manifold that i hate lol
The intake is awesome. Yea right. Not sure why Nissan makes these goofy intakes. But they work good. And everyone has seen that you really can't make better after market intake when it comes to performance. But you can smooth out the stock intake runner for a little more power. Mostly in the mid range. Maybe that will still be able to happen on this new motor.

To add to that last post just imagine the possible power with just breathers and a tune. Full cat delete and good intake setup plus a tune could see 450whp. Toss some E85 in the mix and I could see this engine being capable of 500whp without changing turbos or anything extreme.

Personally I'd like to see what 3" maybe even bigger straight exhaust could do for power and turbo spool.
I'm sure FI will he making a 3". Hopefully Greddy will be also. I've always love their exhaust. We'll have to see how much power this motor can make. It will have to peak somewhere. And getting rid of those OEM air boxes will be nice.

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
And this motor runs 0W-20 oil. That's what Concept Z stated they do know. Along with a electrical controlled oil pump.

SPOHN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350,G35,G37,370
Occupation
Lineman
Here's some pics of the motor out of the car. Those cats got to go.