3.0 V6TT CONFIRMED!

BluntForce

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
To purposely detune the same engine for the sports car would be asinine. All the work is already there and it's not like the Q will come anywhere close to pushing the limits of this engine with the factory warranty. If that were to happen you can bet they would never hear the end of it from enthusiasts for the Z.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
To purposely detune the same engine for the sports car would be asinine. All the work is already there and it's not like the Q will come anywhere close to pushing the limits of this engine with the factory warranty. If that were to happen you can bet they would never hear the end of it from enthusiasts for the Z.

asinine or not it's what they do.

look at the 370 vs nismo. just a click on a laptop tuning the ECU its 332 to 350HP.

better yet look at the new VR30DETT. the Q will have the option of the exact same engine in a 300HP or 400 HP power output. all done with tuning.

ToTheMax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
Companies do it all the time tho to justify higher price tags and/or higher models in the lineup. The Cayman/Boxster has always been purposely held back so it doesn't step on the 911's toes. But then again we're talking about two differently branded cars (Nissan vs Infiniti) so maybe there isn't that fear.

BluntForce

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
I know companies do it all the time I'm just saying the Q and Z are different kinds of vehicles under different brands. The Z is the more performance oriented of the two, the pure sports car. I'd like to see it receive more power, but then again if they can take a chunk of weight out of the car 400hp would be plenty.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
I know companies do it all the time I'm just saying the Q and Z are different kinds of vehicles under different brands. The Z is the more performance oriented of the two, the pure sports car. I'd like to see it receive more power, but then again if they can take a chunk of weight out of the car 400hp would be plenty.
they are two different cars but the 2 door G/Q has always been pushed as the sporty luxury car and then they tack on the S pack for the brakes and aero. the G/Q has never really been detuned far below the Z. they have kept them close throughout the years and that doesn't bother me. makes me happy that if I want the luxury version and move to a Q60 vs a next gen Z I know i'm not missing out of the power of the new VR engine.

and I agree that the same power with less weight (which I assume there will be less since less car and less interior) will be a nice new gen of Z.

in 2 weeks the Pittsburgh car show will be on and i'm hoping to see the new engine and torture the infiniti/Nissan reps for info like last year lol

350ZZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 350Z NISMO
they are two different cars but the 2 door G/Q has always been pushed as the sporty luxury car and then they tack on the S pack for the brakes and aero. the G/Q has never really been detuned far below the Z. they have kept them close throughout the years and that doesn't bother me. makes me happy that if I want the luxury version and move to a Q60 vs a next gen Z I know i'm not missing out of the power of the new VR engine.

and I agree that the same power with less weight (which I assume there will be less since less car and less interior) will be a nice new gen of Z.

in 2 weeks the Pittsburgh car show will be on and i'm hoping to see the new engine and torture the infiniti/Nissan reps for info like last year lol
Hopefully the reps actually know something, anything. Let us know if you find out anything please. Did they know anything at all last year?

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Hopefully the reps actually know something, anything. Let us know if you find out anything please. Did they know anything at all last year?
they higher up guys know but they typically keep their mouths shut.

last year the one I spoke with said the Z was ways out and the Q was a year out due to chassis/design issues. 11 months later the Q60 debuted lol i'm hoping since this one seemed on target with things he said that the Z was to follow the Q will come to fruition soon.

if I get the chance to speak to anyone higher up this year and get any info I will be sure to post it. actually my post on the 370 forum was transposed here and that's how I found this site lol

Gunnerman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maxima, Toyota FJ
I get the feeling the Z is in flux and plans can be scrapped at any moment. That's just my fear talking maybe. The personnel changes at nissan have made me nervous for the future of the Z or any other products seen as niche that don't make the bean counters happy.

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
I get the feeling the Z is in flux and plans can be scrapped at any moment. That's just my fear talking maybe. The personnel changes at nissan have made me nervous for the future of the Z or any other products seen as niche that don't make the bean counters happy.
I completely agree. I really don't want the Z to be killed off. it would be a very sad day in nissans history and Mr. K would for sure haunt the man who made the decision to stop production.

MeisterZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Burnt Orange 350Z 6spd
Am I crazy or did someone from Nissan confirm that the next Z will not be a crossover signaling that there will actually be a NEXT one?

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Am I crazy or did someone from Nissan confirm that the next Z will not be a crossover signaling that there will actually be a NEXT one?

There was the gripz crossover concept they showed awhile back. But I don't think that will be made.

MeisterZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There was the gripz crossover concept they showed awhile back. But I don't think that will be made.
Didn't someone from Nissan actually say "the next Z" will not be a crossover or something to that effect? I'm just trying to find a statement that shows Nissan is not killing off the Z anytime soon based on their own comments about a next Z car..

OP
OP
FPenvy

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Didn't someone from Nissan actually say "the next Z" will not be a crossover or something to that effect? I'm just trying to find a statement that shows Nissan is not killing off the Z anytime soon based on their own comments about a next Z car..
there's actually been a quote for both outcomes actually. not sure the creditability of them though. soooo who knows at this point.

I hope we hear something soon though.

Chicago is next week so maybe a glimmer of hope will show up or something said there.

MeisterZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lol so basically no one knows what is going on, maybe not even Nissan :p