jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
People tend to forget they only did this test for 1 day and x amount of rides? They might be in the little honeymoon phase here vs performance spec and 15k upgrades is a lot

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
The positive reviews are great but I wonder would it REALLY take that much to have a Performance compete against the Nismo? Time will tell and I can't wait to see someone finally do that comparison. A tuned / modified Performance vs Nismo to see where it stacks up. It's crazy to think how rare these cars are still. I've yet to see any track focused in depth reviews of a modified Z (maybe I missed them).
Z1 Motorsports giveaway for the first “600R” package Z just happened, and sounds like they’ll be selling the package to the public soon as well.

It will certainly offer more power than the NISMO, but otherwise it sounds like it’s essentially their entire performance part catalog for the Z; So it’d be interesting to see how a Z Sport w/ 600R would compare to the NISMO, depending how much they charge for it.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Z1 Motorsports giveaway for the first “600R” package Z just happened, and sounds like they’ll be selling the package to the public soon as well.

It will certainly offer more power than the NISMO, but otherwise it sounds like it’s essentially their entire performance part catalog for the Z; So it’d be interesting to see how a Z Sport w/ 600R would compare to the NISMO, depending how much they charge for it.
Yeah 100%. Pretty cool to see them putting that together. I saw AMS has their Alpha 5 package (500hp) for 4200 bucks and id imagine they'll do an Alpha 6 package as well. That price seems extremely competitive to me. Add in some suspension and I think you'd have a little monster.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
From everything I heard on the drives of the Nismo, it sounds like bushings, spring rates/shocks, wheels, tires, cooling, big brake kit and 9AT programming is how the Nismo shines. I'm dubious about the aerodynamic claims.....

Aside from the 9AT programming, all of that can be added to a Performance.
Can the 9AT be reprogrammed? Can a tuner steal the Nismo shift logic and load it into a Z TCM?
What would those mods cost? Probably somewhere between $10-15k depending on how overboard you go with wheels.

For the 6MT guys, since the Nismo 9AT is the only mod that is unknown at this time, you could have a Nismo 6MT with the aforementioned mods.
A light tune could easily add the power difference....

The Sport has a $22k price delta. Can a mechanical LSD perform as well as the eLSD on higher trims? It'd be easier to justify the mods to the more affordable Sport......

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I'm still toying with the idea, a Sport 6MT can be purpose built to still be under that crazy Nismo pricing. Mechanical LSD is more robust (Quaife, OS Giken, Nismo?), brakes (StopTech, Brembo, Z1 Powerbrake), tons of coilover options, tune options, etc. It's just the interior will still be lacking behind a Performance, but aftermarket buckets are aplenty.

Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I'm still toying with the idea, a Sport 6MT can be purpose built to still be under that crazy Nismo pricing. Mechanical LSD is more robust (Quaife, OS Giken, Nismo?), brakes (StopTech, Brembo, Z1 Powerbrake), tons of coilover options, tune options, etc. It's just the interior will still be lacking behind a Performance, but aftermarket buckets are aplenty.
I prefer the cloth seats in the Sport. Cloth usually holds up better when old and those are lighter because they're manual.

The infotainment is the only thing I'm not sure about.

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah 100%. Pretty cool to see them putting that together. I saw AMS has their Alpha 5 package (500hp) for 4200 bucks and id imagine they'll do an Alpha 6 package as well. That price seems extremely competitive to me. Add in some suspension and I think you'd have a little monster.
Oh ya those AMS packages sound like great options too. I thought at one point they even partnered with Infiniti to offer some of their parts for the Qs as dealership-backed upgrades. Would be awesome if program like that was offered for the Z

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Interesting to hear he said how sensitive the NISMO was to octane. I had a guy who works at the Arizona Nissan testing facility tell me the exact same thing.

It think he spoiled the PCOTY results

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Interesting to hear he said how sensitive the NISMO was to octane. I had a guy who works at the Arizona Nissan testing facility tell me the exact same thing.

It think he spoiled the PCOTY results
I’m sure baseline dynos will pop up as soon as a few shops get a hold of these. Hopefully one of em does an octane comparison

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

I really like how the NISMO will hold at the limiter for a few seconds without cutting power. Ive ran into this at Autocross where I hit the limiter in 2nd and felt like I needed to go to 3rd just for a second. In the NISMO I could just let it bounce

Hubert

Hubert
First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
I really like how the NISMO will hold at the limiter for a few seconds without cutting power. Ive ran into this at Autocross where I hit the limiter in 2nd and felt like I needed to go to 3rd just for a second. In the NISMO I could just let it bounce
Yes, that is a good feature. My local dealer hasn't gotten an allocation yet. So we'll see how this goes for me.

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wow I know he discussed this on the podcast but in the video he said it could be down 30HP on 91 vs 93 thats a huge difference