First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Many reviewers are impressed by the overall performance, which is good for the Z. It seems like Nissan is shooting for the goal to duplicate how the GTR was first delivered 'tuned' for max performance at both launches and track behavior. Looks like Nissan did a lot of tuning on the suspension, brakes, tires, cooling, to really button down this Nismo. Albeit they should've adapted a DCT instead of the torque converter auto for even better performance, maybe even more reliable in the long run.

To mod a Performance to this Nismo's level will cost a lot, but the Nismo approaching $70K is still a bunch of $$ to against the direct competition. Nismo parts will hopefully be available to upgrade the Performance to still undercut that Nismo pricing. What I'm looking forward to....and still wanting to start with a true manual, even though yes, straightline will still be slightly slower.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Bryan Heitkotter reviews the Z NISMO

This is good. "night and day" difference vs Performance, says a lot!

I'll be at Buttonwillow with Speed Ventures next month, hope to see this Nismo, or any RZ34, out there.

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Was just rereading the motortrend article and they say the pops sounds on downshift is fake?

🤔

Screenshot_20230925-230122.png

kappa_md

First Name
John Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Civic Type R (FK8), Toyota GR Yaris (GXPA16)
Occupation
Surgeon
I’m glad alot of good reviews for the NISMO Z in general. Brings good image and attention for the Z. I think a “modded” Performance MT Z will be adequate enough for those who just want a more “engaging” Z and those who want to row by themselves and not really looking after lap times.

Cheers to Nissan!

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/articles/did-nissan-improve-the-z-with-the-nismo-edition/

How the NISMO Compares with the Performance Model
During even our initial encounter, the Performance and NISMO models felt night and day different at Sonoma Raceway. Push the Performance model hard, and driver confidence started to erode–something J.G. stated during our initial test.

Then, came our turn with the NISMO.

What a difference.

Everything about it inspires confidence.

Point the car into a turn, and it does what you expect it to. Get on the brakes hard, and you know how they’re going to react–plus there’s plenty in reserve. The steering feels appropriately firm no matter the speed. Similarly, mid-corner grip feels predictable.

Getting off the corner, the chassis continues to grip as power is applied, and the nine-speed automatic transmission quickly and intuitively makes its way through the gears, both up and down.

1695697862461.png

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
generally overall a positive mix of reviews, couple of takeaways was zf8 still king and the price little too steep vs the competition. The 9 speed in the performance shoulda def had this level of gears other than that they made a capable track oriented car

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Many reviewers are impressed by the overall performance, which is good for the Z. It seems like Nissan is shooting for the goal to duplicate how the GTR was first delivered 'tuned' for max performance at both launches and track behavior. Looks like Nissan did a lot of tuning on the suspension, brakes, tires, cooling, to really button down this Nismo. Albeit they should've adapted a DCT instead of the torque converter auto for even better performance, maybe even more reliable in the long run.

To mod a Performance to this Nismo's level will cost a lot, but the Nismo approaching $70K is still a bunch of $$ to against the direct competition. Nismo parts will hopefully be available to upgrade the Performance to still undercut that Nismo pricing. What I'm looking forward to....and still wanting to start with a true manual, even though yes, straightline will still be slightly slower.
The positive reviews are great but I wonder would it REALLY take that much to have a Performance compete against the Nismo? Time will tell and I can't wait to see someone finally do that comparison. A tuned / modified Performance vs Nismo to see where it stacks up. It's crazy to think how rare these cars are still. I've yet to see any track focused in depth reviews of a modified Z (maybe I missed them).

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
That's a stupid remark,there's a 15k difference in price between the two.
Yep, huge difference, the Nismo's pricing is way off for what it is, plus only auto offered. Too much better competition at $70K. The Performance is still a good platform to start with, heck even the Sport if you're intending to mod the heck out of it.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
All these reviews basically trashing the Performance models in comparison. Would feel like Nissan screwed me if I bought one and then this dropped.

Can't wait to meet one on the track :)_
You'd feel screwed that something costing 15k or more is out performing? That doesnt make any sense lol.

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
All these reviews basically trashing the Performance models in comparison. Would feel like Nissan screwed me if I bought one and then this dropped.

Can't wait to meet one on the track :)_

the head to head NISMO vs Performance on track is where the performance is going to look the worst as it is a bit soft. I think as a road car the performance would be much closer as notice Nissan didnt let the reviewers do a back to back on the road. not all performance and NISMO customers are going over lap. However think you might feel screwed if you paid NISMO money for a marked up Proto last year

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
I just look at it like.. See where Nismo improved the car. Apply said improvements to performance or base to the best of your ability. Stiffen it up, better grip, and have fun. The only things that will be hard to "mod" will be the electronic steering adjustments. But, I'm sure with time, someone will figure out a way to mess with that haha

all the trims have a great platform to make your own and juice it up. Nismo's just doing a bit of the work for ya. But, for the tune of 15k? I dont know? With the price of everything these days, 15k will disappear fast.