2017370ZBlack

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
Jokes on you, I never even drove a RWD car, my daily is a Sentra and I'll be in my Z loooong before you 🤣

I'm enjoying my modded 370 right now so I won't be getting ripped off by dealer markups since I don't need a new Z right off the bat. Good luck finding one! Availability will be low.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I wonder whether the parking sensors will detect these nasty little bastards....be great if they do.

-1x-1.jpg
The parking sensors on my Q60 will detect them.
However, you gotta understand that the beeping will speed up, but never go to solid tone (like something directly behind/in front of the bumpers) and if the nose/rear of the bumper goes over the curb the beeping immediately ceases (just don't let that happen). It is very useful to prevent dragging on the curb top.

94boosted

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Camaro SS 1LE, BMW 340, Ford F150
More interested in if the Z does not have nasty oversteer, which is hard to tune out. Thx!
I'd be shocked if it had corner entry or mid corner overseer, this thing will likely have a ton of weight over the nose with the big TT engine and its associated cooling. I'm willing to bet it'll push a fair bit in factory form, hence why I'm praying there is some decent adjustability in the alignment.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I'd be shocked if it had corner entry or mid corner overseer, this thing will likely have a ton of weight over the nose with the big TT engine and its associated cooling. I'm willing to bet it'll push a fair bit in factory form, hence why I'm praying there is some decent adjustability in the alignment.
The TT setup overall only weighs 50-ish pounds more than the VQ setup did.

And I believe the Z34 is based on the FM design, where most of the engine weight is behind the front axle.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
The TT setup overall only weighs 50-ish pounds more than the VQ setup did.

And I believe the Z34 is based on the FM design, where most of the engine weight is behind the front axle.
I thought I read somewhere awhile back the engine is mounted a little further back on the new Z compared to the 370, but can't remember where I read this.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I thought I read somewhere awhile back the engine is mounted a little further back on the new Z compared to the 370, but can't remember where I read this.
That'd require a structural change to the chassis, which Nissan didn't do, hence why the chassis code is still Z34

94boosted

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Camaro SS 1LE, BMW 340, Ford F150
Last edited:

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
i dont know i did napkin math from the weight of the engine both vq and vr i saw a few places mention the TT was 400 plus pounds just the engine , took the engine weight out the 370z and put in the weight of the TT and it was 36ish and change

Status
Not open for further replies.