therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
They’ve already ripped the stock pipes all off. I guess they did a driving impression video on Instagram also, but I don’t have one lol
Got you

Also, heads up SoCal cc @trackratZ @LeatherWings in case y'all looking to play hooky from work today

IMG_07F8D35F5CAA-1.jpeg

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
I can't believe nobody asked about the lack of LSD on the base model? And what the driving was like without it
One would think that they'd need to drive the Performance spec for an objective comparison.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Whatever they have right now for the Q50/60 are probably what they are working on and will offer first for the Z.. it will sound, look and yield similar results. They are most likely just test fitting to see things fit properly
Yep, they can't modify it, but hey it's a good start I bet they're taking tons of measurements and mock ups for catback, axleback, etc. Waiting for sweet results.

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
Yep, they can't modify it, but hey it's a good start I bet they're taking tons of measurements and mock ups for catback, axleback, etc. Waiting for sweet results.
At the very least.. I wish they would do a video of a stock dyno run.

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Full review and content coming next week, but after spending 120 hours and 600 miles through So Cal, in various driving environments with the 2023 Sport (Base) 6MT Nissan Z, here’s our grades:

AREAS PERFORMING WELL:
Acceleration: A
Road Comfort: B-
Road Noise: B-
Interior Tech: B
Seat Comfort: C-
Exterior Body: A
Driver Engagement: B-
Nimbleness: A-
Gear Box: C
Cooling: B+
Light Spirited Driving/Handling: B (Intermediate Driver)
Electronic Steering Feel: B

UNDERPERFORMING: Under hard spirited driving, the car is under-braked, under-tired, and the gear box has a considerable amount of vibration. It’s not hard to overpower the braking and suspension with 400hp/350tq boosted, short wheelbase, 3,600lb. Understeer became relevant at many points in our testing of very spirited driving.

2 gripes with the Sport (Base) model: I would have loved syncrorev and gimme some damn t-tops! The t-tops are something we need to advocate for as an option for the 2024 year model.

All this said, stepping up to a Performance model gets you, better/electric seats (leather), larger wheels, better tires, larger sway bars (I think), an LSD (nice), syncrorev, larger touchscreen, front mini-splitter, rear spoiler and some other goodies.

SO, for 2022 and where we stand, all-in-all we think this is a solid car for the money. You’re getting all the dash tech, the full 400hp/350tq, and Nissan is leaving you a lot of headroom to improve to your liking in this entry level Z. Exceptionally mod friendly!

Be sure to follow ALL Fast Intentions socials, to keep up with all things coming on this car and the week we shared with it.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Full review and content coming next week, but after spending 120 hours and 600 miles through So Cal, in various driving environments with the 2023 Sport (Base) 6MT Nissan Z, here’s our grades:

AREAS PERFORMING WELL:
Acceleration: A
Road Comfort: B-
Road Noise: B-
Interior Tech: B
Seat Comfort: C-
Exterior Body: A
Driver Engagement: B-
Nimbleness: A-
Gear Box: C
Cooling: B+
Light Spirited Driving/Handling: B (Intermediate Driver)
Electronic Steering Feel: B

UNDERPERFORMING: Under hard spirited driving, the car is under-braked, under-tired, and the gear box has a considerable amount of vibration. It’s not hard to overpower the braking and suspension with 400hp/350tq boosted, short wheelbase, 3,600lb. Understeer became relevant at many points in our testing of very spirited driving.

2 gripes with the Sport (Base) model: I would have loved syncrorev and gimme some damn t-tops! The t-tops are something we need to advocate for as an option for the 2024 year model.

All this said, stepping up to a Performance model gets you, better/electric seats (leather), larger wheels, better tires, larger sway bars (I think), an LSD (nice), syncrorev, larger touchscreen, front mini-splitter, rear spoiler and some other goodies.

SO, for 2022 and where we stand, all-in-all we think this is a solid car for the money. You’re getting all the dash tech, the full 400hp/350tq, and Nissan is leaving you a lot of headroom to improve to your liking in this entry level Z. Exceptionally mod friendly!

Be sure to follow ALL Fast Intentions socials, to keep up with all things coming on this car and the week we shared with it.
Thank you for the feedback! A lot of us are looking to purchase the sport model and you are the first to give any review/impressions. Can’t wait to see what y’all do with the platform!