First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
Dude, if I see this thing on the road, I'm just gonna keep following and stalking them so I can keep checking it out... That is, if they don't blast off and leave me in the dust in my 116-hp Miata 😅
Have you seen anyone give us the top speed of the Z .

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Full review and content coming next week, but after spending 120 hours and 600 miles through So Cal, in various driving environments with the 2023 Sport (Base) 6MT Nissan Z, here’s our grades:

AREAS PERFORMING WELL:
Acceleration: A
Road Comfort: B-
Road Noise: B-
Interior Tech: B
Seat Comfort: C-
Exterior Body: A
Driver Engagement: B-
Nimbleness: A-
Gear Box: C
Cooling: B+
Light Spirited Driving/Handling: B (Intermediate Driver)
Electronic Steering Feel: B

UNDERPERFORMING: Under hard spirited driving, the car is under-braked, under-tired, and the gear box has a considerable amount of vibration. It’s not hard to overpower the braking and suspension with 400hp/350tq boosted, short wheelbase, 3,600lb. Understeer became relevant at many points in our testing of very spirited driving.

2 gripes with the Sport (Base) model: I would have loved syncrorev and gimme some damn t-tops! The t-tops are something we need to advocate for as an option for the 2024 year model.

All this said, stepping up to a Performance model gets you, better/electric seats (leather), larger wheels, better tires, larger sway bars (I think), an LSD (nice), syncrorev, larger touchscreen, front mini-splitter, rear spoiler and some other goodies.

SO, for 2022 and where we stand, all-in-all we think this is a solid car for the money. You’re getting all the dash tech, the full 400hp/350tq, and Nissan is leaving you a lot of headroom to improve to your liking in this entry level Z. Exceptionally mod friendly!

Be sure to follow ALL Fast Intentions socials, to keep up with all things coming on this car and the week we shared with it.
Great assessment. Lots of improvements that I think, as well as you guys, can be made to the Sport with the aftermarket to make it taylored for even better performance than the Performance as delivered. Keep us in the loop, really interested in a full exhaust system, catback at least.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Great assessment. Lots of improvements that I think, as well as you guys, can be made to the Sport with the aftermarket to make it taylored for even better performance than the Performance as delivered. Keep us in the loop, really interested in a full exhaust system, catback at least.
I swear tires, brakes, and an LSD would've made the sport such an appealing option.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Or, tires, brakes, and a good couple of days at a performance driving school.
You forgot LSD. That should've been a no-brainer on a RWD car with this much power.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
You forgot LSD. That should've been a no-brainer on a RWD car with this much power.
No, that's why I suggested a trading class. You can overcome lack of an LSD with proper performance driving techniques.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
No, that's why I suggested a trading class. You can overcome lack of an LSD with proper performance driving techniques.
Problem is most people will never take this car on track, even if they got a free HPDE weekend with purchase. This car is gonna be smoking tire even at less than 50% on the street. Anyways, an LSD will ultimately allow you to go faster on track.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I swear tires, brakes, and an LSD would've made the sport such an appealing option.
The Sport is what it is, for those that want casual pleasure drives and cruises, that's it, no use asking for more. Those upgrades are where the aftermarket comes in, and that's a good thing.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
The Sport is what it is, for those that want casual pleasure drives and cruises, that's it, no use asking for more. Those upgrades are where the aftermarket comes in, and that's a good thing.
I'd prefer not having to crack open the diff as one of my first mods. There really, REALLY needs to be an actual sport trim that falls between the base model and performance trims.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Yup, the average Joe is not going to approach or even push the limits on this Sport car. The enthusiast will dial it in for show or go - probably a little of both.

Sad to say, there'll be some who will get bitten in the ass by doing something stupid, and no amount of LSD is gonna keep them from tragedy.

Just speculation, but the LSD is not the savior of idiots.