"Very, very refined 370Z" I like it!

Last edited:

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Interesting observations while watching:
  • ~ 5:12 - mentions, among other things, dyno'ing is off-limits since Nissan said no + it's a pre-production model. That should put that AMS "dyno" chart to bed as far as I'm concerned
  • ~ 8 min or so: mentions they're gonna be pretty honest about the car, which will be great. Nissan encouraged it even
  • ~ 12:30 - they're getting their car at some point this summer, going for the red (potentially Performance, maybe a Sport - said they're gonna drag strip, track it, etc.)
  • ~ 18:20 - confirms the car has a Nismo axle-back "prototype" installed (which I think we already knew/heard), speculates it's coming from an "exhaust manufacturer"
  • ~ 20:51 - they confirm they're an "early allocation" to get their hands on one this summer
  • ~ 21:10 - says he doesn't see any orange peel in the paint, which is promising for quality
  • ~ 22:28 - makes a comment about a "Nismo" being at ZDayz next year, which might have been a slip but we'll see?
  • ~ 23:40ish - compliments the smaller screen, which is promising for markets who are getting that as only option
  • ~ 30:50ish - another mention of Nismo when it comes "later this year" with regards to bracing in the engine bay - assuming he's meaning mods but again, we'll see?
  • ~ 31:50ish - good tip for those with longer nails (with regards to adding some vinyl protectant on the door handle...nook?
  • ~ 33ish - Sport model has a little rectangular cubby where the Bose sub is in the Performance model
  • ~ 35ish - we get some driving footage from passenger POV. This thing is gonna sound GOOD with proper exhaust, oh my god
  • ~ 38ish - "it feels like a very, very, very refined 370Z...out of the box, this car is legit. I'm not being paid to say this"
  • ~ 40ish - they said they're gonna be taking it all over SoCal this week, putting as many miles as they can on it, so keep an eye out @LeatherWings @trackratZ and others

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
Interesting observations while watching:
  • ~ 40ish - they said they're gonna be taking it all over SoCal this week, putting as many miles as they can on it, so keep an eye out @LeatherWings @trackratZ and others
Dude, if I see this thing on the road, I'm just gonna keep following and stalking them so I can keep checking it out... That is, if they don't blast off and leave me in the dust in my 116-hp Miata 😅

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
First thing I would do is take those ugly wheels and swap them with some volks, put bigger calipers and rotors and lower it

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I can't wait to see what they can do with it.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
should be interesting to hear what they learn about the Z and see how far they can push it.

surprisingly the stock wheels don't look that bad on this color...it fits the retro design. ive seen far worse stock rims, thats for sure...

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
They’ve already ripped the stock pipes all off. I guess they did a driving impression video on Instagram also, but I don’t have one lol

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
They’ve already ripped the stock pipes all off. I guess they did a driving impression video on Instagram also, but I don’t have one lol
Stock pipes on both Sport and Performance are sad ugly pieces anyway, Nissan skimped on this for sure, knowing most people will upgrade.

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
should be interesting to hear what they learn about the Z and see how far they can push it.
Whatever they have right now for the Q50/60 are probably what they are working on and will offer first for the Z.. it will sound, look and yield similar results. They are most likely just test fitting to see things fit properly